5 replies to this topic

#1 Rubadubcubb

Rubadubcubb

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 10:33 PM

After having evox on my box for a couple of days now, I decided to restore my xbox HD to its original contents. It was very hard to decide on whether to keep my box modded and not play on live, or to go back to normal and play on live "Which I enjoy alot". Ok so I restored my harddrive by using the "HD swap" and the program "HDD Driver" oh by the way "I backed up my HD before I even put on the dashboard hack". So its backed up and I turn on my xbox with no disk, everything works great I have the regular xbox dashboard.

Ok but my question is....

I know its not safe at all to go on xbox live with the dashboard exploit, and I also never tryed HEHE "I made myself read a heck of alot of forum topics". Anyways so now that I have my Xbox back to its original contents and nothing is on the harddrive that isent suppose to be, is it safe to go on xbox live??

#2 dawhiz

dawhiz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 10:43 PM

It should be safe to go on since the hack only patched the bios in memory, thus once you rebooted the xbox it was back to normal until the hack was ran again. So you should be safe, however you're the guinea pig. Good luck.

#3 Rubadubcubb

Rubadubcubb

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 11:09 PM

Well what your saying is making me a lil nervous uhh.gif So should i go on? i mean how would it be possible for me to get banned etc. if nothing is on my xbox HD that isent suppose to be there¿

#4 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 09 July 2003 - 11:16 PM

If you're nervous about doing that, you should know that thousands of people have modded Xboxes and use Live by just disabling their mod chip and rebooting. That's tried and true, anyway.

#5 Ces2k3

Ces2k3

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 July 2003 - 11:16 PM

well try it man if u get banned just track somone who doesnt want their eeprom

#6 Rubadubcubb

Rubadubcubb