• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16 yoshi98bc

yoshi98bc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 06:47 PM

Well, I can't seem to bring up the config menu when I hold start. Am I missing something. Also, with in game reset, it always resets to the default dash. I use x2 bios 4977. Just a couple of things I noticed.

#17 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 August 2003 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (yoshi98bc @ Aug 27 2003, 03:47 PM)
Well, I can't seem to bring up the config menu when I hold start. Am I missing something. Also, with in game reset, it always resets to the default dash. I use x2 bios 4977. Just a couple of things I noticed.

Try hitting both triggers instead. One, then the other, when the "X-Select" appears (should see dots appear as you hit the triggers)

Might be a controller issue, as the "S" controllers are a bit funky for some odd reason.

#18 yoshi98bc

yoshi98bc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 11:52 PM

Ok both triigers seemed to work, What about the IGR ressetting to the default dash?

#19 GEoMaNTiK

GEoMaNTiK

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 03:17 PM

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not...

Since around the time of installing X-Select 0.6 I've been having probs accessing the DVDROM contents via FlashFXP.
On accessing D: I would only get the contents of the C: Drive, after much playing around, ie. Refresh, ejecting and so on I couldn't get it to work.

I removed X-Select and made Evox the boot xbe and I could see my DVDROM contents again, just to make sure I put X-Select back again as the boot xbe and again the D: drive was back to displaying as C:

btw I'm using x2lite 4973

#20 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (GEoMaNTiK @ Sep 19 2003, 12:17 PM)

Since around the time of installing X-Select 0.6 I've been having probs accessing the DVDROM contents via FlashFXP.
On accessing D: I would only get the contents of the C: Drive, after much playing around, ie. Refresh, ejecting and so on I couldn't get it to work.

I removed X-Select and made Evox the boot xbe and I could see my DVDROM contents again, just to make sure I put X-Select back again as the boot xbe and again the D: drive was back to displaying as C:

I'm guessing it's a bug in Evo-X.

It doesn't like running as an app for some reason (which is what X-Select must do) There is a difference in the way the system launches an app vs. a dashboard, and how it is set up when it starts up. Evo-X doesn't take the time to recognize the difference, apparently, only expecting to boot up as a dashboard, so it fails to map D: properly.

MXM shouldn't have this problem.

I'm playing around soon with the launching of apps, and any breakthroughs will carry over into X-Select (i.e. launching any app as dashboard).

#21 rob1309

rob1309

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 September 2003 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (GEoMaNTiK @ Sep 19 2003, 11:17 AM)

yea i had same prob
not an issue with xselect or evox i don't think as i tried lots of things to fig it out
my results:
old bios- d showed correctly via ftp and file manager of avalaunch
new x2 bios- d showed as C contents via ftp but showed fine in file manager of avalaunch
evox showed d as c with x2 bios too

the x2 bios i'm referring to is 4977
older bios i tried was evox d6...think i also tried the debug bios too, the 4627 one

#22 Alekz

Alekz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 05:20 PM

i got a question concerning the new UnleashX release and IGR....
does x-select support IGR? if yes, hacked msdash and Unleash would support this function too.... i love unleash and my modded msdash but i only ave an old xecut0r,... so no chance to get a bios supporting igr, is it possible, or easy to add this function to x-select?

Edited by Alekz, 01 December 2003 - 05:21 PM.

#23 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (Alekz @ Dec 1 2003, 01:20 PM)
i got a question concerning the new UnleashX release and IGR....
does x-select support IGR? if yes, hacked msdash and Unleash would support this function too.... i love unleash and my modded msdash but i only ave an old xecut0r,... so no chance to get a bios supporting igr, is it possible, or easy to add this function to x-select?

Hmmm... well, when MXM supports it, so, too, will X-Select (which needs to get updated soon for including Unleash(ed)X in the known dashboards list (though it should still support it fine)

IGR involves patching the BIOS. I'll bug the expert on BIOS patches again when I get a chance.

#24 EBear

EBear

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 01:03 AM

Is there anything that can be done to disable the password? If someone were to bring up the menu a pass could be set locking me out. I would just like to hex edit it or something so that it is not possible to set the pass (which I usually keep off making it easy for someone else to set their own). Most people wouldn't care about this but my Xbox is in a semi-public place (in an arcade cabinet).

Edited by EBear, 02 December 2003 - 01:05 AM.

#25 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 01:27 AM

I'll consider that... I use the same "patch config" method as in MXM, so I can probably knock out something to do a hard-coded enable/disable ont eh password feature.

#26 upup

upup

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 13 December 2003 - 05:31 AM

is there an way i can launch my other dashboards from a folder off of the f drive? for example (f:dashboardsmxmmxm.xbe)? thanks for the help

Update: Thanks. also great program.

Edited by upup, 13 December 2003 - 04:22 PM.

#27 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE (upup @ Dec 13 2003, 01:31 AM)
is there an way i can launch my other dashboards from a folder off of the f drive? for example (f:dashboardsmxmmxm.xbe)? thanks for the help

It's described in the readme... you just have to manually edit the dashes.txt file to put the full path (Location will show up as "other" since I didn't want to try and display potentially long paths in the menu display)

#28 Superblue

Superblue

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 05:45 PM

Is there an option to have a menu timeout that boots a default dash (couldn't tell from the posts here)?

#29 dl0n3_1_wahks_0n

dl0n3_1_wahks_0n

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 11:49 PM

does X-select 0.6 display text on LCD screens hooked up to SmartXX modchips? this would be really sweet! especially when i read that X-select 0.6 is simple use dashboard with no graphics (no lagging, weeeee smile.gif ), ohhhhhh are there any screen shots of X-select 0.6 so i can get an idea of what it is before i start using it?

thanks
peace

Edited by dl0n3_1_wahks_0n, 05 June 2004 - 11:49 PM.

#30 Henne_C

Henne_C

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 02:02 AM

I would'nt excactly call it a dash, just a menu on the boot screen allowing you to load any app or dash without going thru any particular dash. it should work with any modchip. I think it really comes in handy when hacking the msdash because u can boot to another dash no matter how bad u screw up something

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users