• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 GooberDLX

GooberDLX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 12:57 AM

So I had a perfectly good flash of 4977 going.. all four banks and it was fine.. I decided to hack a bios, saved it as a 256k and flashed all four banks... it wont boot at all.. have tried x2bm and the command line tool.. both are reading the chip fine.. can erase it fine.. verify and write fine.. its just when it goes to boot it frags.. i am completely stuck on what to do... Everything seems perfectly fine.. I dont know what is happening wrong.. I disable the chip, throw up switch 4.. and it can read/write/erase fine.. no errors and it correctly reports back..... so I flash.. throw switch 4 off and tried every combination of switches with the modchip enabled... nothing.. gives me the old green and restart.. green and restart... green.. red green

grrrrrrrrrrr

#2 sparkac

sparkac

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 02:37 AM

make sure all the wire soldered correctly and there isn't solder touching other leads dry.gif

#3 Devil-Man

Devil-Man

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 04:11 AM

are you using the latest xbtool? seems like people were having problems a couple versions back with bad bios files after changing colors etc. Try that first. If it worked before and doesn't now, then that could be the problem. smile.gif

#4 jman11587

jman11587

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 05:13 AM

try flashing it with the unedited x2 4977, to see if the ur edited bios is the problem. if it works, than do what devil-man said.

i remember back a few months ago when u could only use an unedited bios to edit.

in other words, u couldnt edit it, save it, and edit it again.
dont know if that still applies with the new version.

#5 Devil-Man

Devil-Man

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 06:16 AM

i'm not sure either jman, but it seems to be common sense to me to start with a clean slate each time. that way you're not going over old work and what not. So, goober, if you downloaded, for instance, X2.4977.orange.noani.bin and you're trying to edit it, that may be the problem. Try to start with a virgin x2.4977 and see how that works for ya. beerchug.gif

#6 GooberDLX

GooberDLX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 01:24 PM

Thanks guys.. I will try it tonight.. great response! smile.gif too bad Im at work and my xbox is at home... :: sigh :: smile.gif

GooberDLX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users