SLuSHIE

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 July 2003 - 03:17 AM

hey guys...i have an enigmah final chip, today i wanted to add a switch to play xbox live....but then i got greedy and tryed this: http://www.xbox-scen...s/front-led.php (switching the eject and power buttons from green to red) and when i tryed to boot my xbox, it tryed to boot once, then died, tryed to boot again, but died once again, and it was blinking half orange half orange back and forth....i tryed putting the wires back how they were before, and no luck, it does the same thing.....the dvd tray wont even eject, and it makes a weird beeping sound a few times, please help someone i know there has to be a way to fix this, thanks to everyone and i appreciate your time and help.

SLuSHIE

#2 MonkeyMusic

MonkeyMusic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 03:45 AM

OMG!!! im so sorry but that guy was trying to trick u and u did what he said to do!!!

so u did put the wires back???
then i dont know what to tell u u prolly fried something, a fuse etc.
the wires ur sopposed to switch are 5with6 and 7with8 that reverses the signal so red is green and green is red

im so sorry sad.gif

#3 SLuSHIE

SLuSHIE

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 04:46 AM

MonkeyMusic I did that...what do u mean he was trying to trick me!?!

= anyone please......

#4 hedbig

hedbig

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 10 July 2003 - 05:06 AM

yea i did that to it works

#5 SLuSHIE

SLuSHIE

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 06:00 AM

hey...well i got somewhere, i looked and i had a few wires in wrong spots....but now i still have 5 and 8 in the wrong spot....5 goes into 8, 8 goes into 5, but 1 prob....the end of the wire broke off of 5, so now i have to get it out of the plastic, and resolder it back to the wire....will that help??? i tryed it with point 5 not connected (being green led 1 or 2 cant remember) and point 8 connected to 5 (being also either green led 1 or 2) and i got no boot, but this time it was blinking red and green instead of orange...so im getting somewhere, but will it work if i get that small head out of the plastic, solder it together, and try it out again??? thankz again guyz, take care

SLuSHIE

#6 brahm2

brahm2

Internet Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:I'm an EE student at the UofS in Saskatoon. I love guitar and drinking beer.. sometimes both.
  • 360 version:none

Posted 10 July 2003 - 07:05 AM

I know how you feel - panicked because something is not working that should work.

This mod didnt work for me the first time, I could not eject the DVD tray. I suppose each mismatched combo of wires yeilds a different result.

Try everything you can, but dont get frustrated. The guy was not trying to trick you, this is an authentic working mod - took me two or three tries, but it works. The trick really lies in not mixing up the wires.

If worst comes to worst, you can order a replacement Power Button Assembly for only $10 from http://www.llamma.com/xbox/parts.htm

Dont throw out your Xbox! It should still work, its just confused because you mixed up the wires!

EDIT I think you are mixed up! You switch 5 with 6, and 7 with 8.

here is a pic, that will hopefully clarify a bit. I did grab this from ModZone, but its all good smile.gif
user posted image

Edited by brahm2, 10 July 2003 - 07:07 AM.

#7 blaze_1ne

blaze_1ne

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 07:33 AM

slushie check your solder points for your chip...
i always run into that frag problem. its something to do with your chip. followed that tut, worked like a charm after the first try too. so the problem isnt there, its something to do with your conection points...

#8 SLuSHIE

SLuSHIE

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 03:08 PM

thanks guys....im not good with all of this xbox soldering, and fucking around i should have never touched it...im gonna take my xbox in today or tomorrow and see if i can get it fixed....hopefully, a damn little resistor also fell off my motherboard from somewhere....do you think ill need it? jeeez that would be badass to try to find where it fell off =

thanks again guys for the help, i really appreciate it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users