4 replies to this topic

#1 PooN

PooN

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 03:33 AM

I have an un-modded xbox, and m$ memory card, 007 auf, and mechassault.

I want to back up my non-xbox live games(either by playing off of the hard drive or from a burned cd/dvd) and still safely play my xbox live games.

I dont want to use a mod-chip.

I have read of being able to split up the original xbox bios by soldering points and installing a switch but do not completely understand how to split the bios up keeping the factory bios and how to install the 007 exploit into the other half.

I play on xbox live more, so i would not like to risk my xbox live account.

or should i just go with a mod-chip?

TIA
--PooN

#2 IHG

IHG

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 10:32 PM

Hi,

When using a modchip you will be able to control detection better by live so if you don't want to get banned by live buy a modchip. If you don't like opening the case you could try the exploit, but I don't think live will like that anytime soon. The safest way is buying an extra xbox for live only. BTW your M$ memory card won't allow you using the exploit, you'd need an mega x-key or an action replay to do that.

#3 PooN

PooN

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 11:02 PM

I have a friend with a modded xbox who will put the files on the memory card for me. All i have to do is load the files.

--PooN

#4 PooN

PooN

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 11:25 PM

Does splitting up the original m$ bios into two, keep me safe?

--PooN

#5 KingFool

KingFool

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 July 2003 - 01:42 AM

ive read on the xecuter forums that if any part of your tsop bios is hacked then youll be banned

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users