Verbatim DVD-R
Fujifilm DVD+R
Maxell DVD-R
Maxell DVD+R
Yamaha CD-RW High Speed
DISC CD-RW
Memorex CD-RW 650mb
Sony CD-RW High Speed

All with no success, Help me, Enough DVD coasters and I won't be able to afford the beer to set on it!

The Xbox keeps giving me this message: Your Xbox can't recognize this disc. Make sure it's an Xbox game, DVD movie, or audio CD. Also check if the disc is dirty or damaged. Remove the disc to continue.

I am trying to install EvoX by the way. I have Slayer's Auto-Installer 2.0, and EvoX vers 1.8.3752 (with a dummy file). Neither works, I build my EvoX iso with simplexiso, Slayer's comes with an intact iso file. I've burnt with Nero Express or Discjuggler 4 (from the burn image method, I'm just just adding the isos as files).

Hardware or software problem?

#2 freakycody

freakycody

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 10 July 2003 - 03:04 PM

It sounds like you have not installed a modchip because if you had you would not be gettting a MS disc error. If you have installed a modchip, make sure it is flashed with either an Xecuter or evox bios. You need to have these bios inorder to install evolution-x. If by chance you have you chip installed, make sure it is on. when it is off you cannot flash your chip or install software (evox, etc.)

Edited by freakycody, 10 July 2003 - 07:08 PM.

#3 liplayer

liplayer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 03:31 PM

since he is ussing the v2.0 and not 2.1 he does nto have to hav ethe x2 he can also have the x1 and whichever others work as well

#4 slidellsimba2

slidellsimba2

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 July 2003 - 09:26 PM

make sure you burning a good burn also
it can be a pain in the ass to be flashing a chip and all that cra[ and it was just a bad burn

#5 FrustratedNewb

FrustratedNewb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 11:04 PM

I was wondering about that, I had a friend install the chip, but I don't know if the bios were flashed. How could I tell? Are there any "universal" bios? I'm unsure which modchip he installed. Thirdly, does anyone have a good tutorial or instructions on how to properly flash my bios? I have read on here that it can easily f*ck over an Xbox and want to do it properly.
Thanks so far.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users