13 replies to this topic

#1 modestrabbit

modestrabbit

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 03:10 AM

When I run bios configure when I start up my PC, it recognizes my Xbox HD in the secondary master IDE (the model number matches that printed on the hard drive). Unfortunately, when I run HDD loader, I get the following message:

Bad News:
I could find no Xbox HDD. I looked from //./PhysicalDrive0 to //./PhysicalDrive256

So I guess the next logical step would be to try xLinux, but how do I backup my hard drive in case things go wrong if I cannot use HDD loader?

I am running Windows XP Proffesional with SP1, but when I downloaded HDD Loader, I had to search the net and find four .dll files...made me thing something had gone wrong from the beginning. Anybody know how to get HDD Loader up and running?

#2 Bachi

Bachi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 05:42 AM

Hdd Loader can't find your drive, because it is still locked

did you wait about 10 minutes before hot-swap ?

#3 modestrabbit

modestrabbit

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 02:41 PM

If it was still locked, wouldn't XP fail to recognize it as well. I waited a good deal longer than ten minutes to allow my hard drive to spin down.

#4 xboxwannabe

xboxwannabe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 03:28 PM

this waiting for the HD to spin down isnt worth it ..... ive done this a few times now and everytime you go to remove the cable the HD spins back up any how...so now i just give it a minute or 2 then swap
i can see my box ok in windows... after a few attemps. note only the pausing at mem check in the bios worked for me ( left drive unlocked )

PC HD > primary master box HD > secondary master
mobo = kt400 OS=w2k
bios set to auto for all channels
my experience told me if HDD_driver didnt see it then it was still locked

the invalid file size problem is the real problem anybody any closer to fixing this ....i cant work the hex thing out / tut not clear

#5 luther349

luther349

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 July 2003 - 04:55 PM

well i guess it dont work for all xboxes/pcs couse i did the wait 5 min any my dvd drive on the xbox kept respinning as if i just closed the tray after removing a game. so i booted in xp windows saw the drive hd-driver didnt. i guess my drive is still locked or hd-driver is just bugged. it should simply say found xbox hd but its locked to avoide confusuin.

#6 modestrabbit

modestrabbit

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 05:30 PM

What version Xbox do you have? I seem to be having the same problem with my v1.0. As soon as I unplug my IDE cable from the hard drive (even after well over an hour) it begins to periodically give two "wheezes" over and over again with breaks in between. Anybody else experience this? Does this mean that my hard drive hasn't been unlocked? If not, what should I do? I know I have been waiting well over the ten minutes it takes for the hard drive to become unlocked.

#7 turokthemighty

turokthemighty

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 03:05 AM

I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to do the XLinux exploit, but what happens it that I copy one fine and then the HD becomes write protected, something really bizzare about this.

#8 BoomDivX

BoomDivX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 13 July 2003 - 03:10 AM

yup, would like some news about this !$&#$&%#*& appz, cause I passed 2 days (all day long) trying to make it work... please!!!

#9 ltb8

ltb8

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 03:36 AM

ok guys i have windows xp and v1.0 xbox
i got my hd succesfully unlocked and HDD_DRIVER recognized it

*NOTE* just to be safe the whole time i had the video plug plugged into my xbox, controller and power plug( obviously) i kno it probably doesnt make a diff but u nevr kno...

1. turn off computer and xbox

2.connect a power plug from ur computer to ur xbox hd

3. leave xbox ide cable in

4. unplug everything from ur second ide cable on ur comp (it usually says ide2 or sumthin on the cable)

5.turn on ur pc and press pause/break.. usually i push it once its turned on and its too early so i cant see ne thing on my monitor so i push a key and push pause break again so that it pauses where u can see sumthing on ur screen ( usually a picture like dell has a big blue globe).

6. now turn on ur xbox with no game in it ( the xbox ide and pc power cable should have already been plugged into the xbox hd)

7.wait about 5-10 minutes(the longer the bettr)

9.now unplug the xbox ide from the xbox hd and plug the pc ide into your xbox hd ( looking straight down at ur xbox hd the the pink side of ur pc ribbon should go into the left side of ur xbox hd) but leave the power cable as is

10. press any key on ur keyboard and it should resume.. it may appear frozen and take longer than usual but it is probably fine... my computer took awhile be4 it continued booting up..

11. on ur desktop right click my computer and go to properties
12.click the "HARDWARE" tab and then click device manager
14. under disk drives u should see 2 hard drives(assuming ur pc only has one)
15.You should now be able to start up HDD_DRIVER and it should recognize ur xbox hd ignore all the errors in the beginning...

GL reply if u have ne questions...

Edited by ltb8, 13 July 2003 - 03:38 AM.

#10 BoomDivX

BoomDivX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 04:28 AM

not working, still have the same $?Q#%?&!@ problem. The Device Manager see it, but HDD Loader isn't. check this screenshot: http://eleves_tim.cm...help_please.jpg

#11 ltb8

ltb8

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 04:36 AM

hmm tahts wierd... and i think the wdc one was the xbox hd.... cuz my xbox hd started with sumthin like that.... and nuthing else was plugged into ur 2nd ide cable right?? just xbox hd?

#12 BoomDivX

BoomDivX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 04:41 AM

1st IDE cable: quantum 20gb + wester digital 120gb
2nd IDE cable: Xbox HDD (ST310014A)

#13 ltb8

ltb8

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 05:26 AM

if theres only 2 than why do 3 devices show up under "disk drives" ??

#14 BoomDivX

BoomDivX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 10:09 AM

I have 3 devices. 2 HD on the first IDE and the XBOX on the 2nd one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users