Jump to content


Which Type Of Cable?

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wowser


    X-S Enthusiast

  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 03:40 PM

For my network i have a linksys wireless router upstairs, and downstairs i have a wet11 which i want to connect to a switch. To the switch i will hook up my replaytv and XBOX.

My question is, what type of cable should i use to connect the wet11 to the uplink port on the switch? Should i use a crossover cable or straight through?

Thanks in advance.

#2 zero_signal_69


    X-S Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 138 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 11 July 2003 - 04:29 PM

use a straight through, the only time you should really need a cross-over is when connecting NIC to NIC, routers and hub do the cross over for you internally

#3 snoopdoug1


    X-S Senior Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 04:47 PM

what ^ he said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users