phatmuther

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 July 2003 - 04:49 PM

I decided to change the jewel on my standard xbox controller so i tried the twist method which really didnt work 4 me at all and i dont have a dremel so i couldnt poke it out so i went with heating it up with a hair dryer, which worked fine on my xbox case for the jewel, except this time the controller top (where the buttons fit in) got a little to hot and decided to change its form so it will no longer fit on the bottom part. mad.gif

So i was thinking of just cutting off parts of top (e.g the button holder and other parts) and securing them in place with the screw holes already there, so at least i can still use it, but only bits of the controller would be covered.

Would this be safe or could i die blink.gif

Cheers very much biggrin.gif

#2 Ben999_

Ben999_

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 July 2003 - 05:53 PM

I think I know what you mean. It should work fine, but don't touch the insides or you might get shocked or something. Oh, and It will definitely look like crap when you are done with it, but at least it will work. I would try heating it up again and then screwing it to the case.

#3 Bumpy Carrot

Bumpy Carrot

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 July 2003 - 06:17 PM

Not enough voltage going through to kill you. You can pretty much touch any part of the XB while it's turned on (apart from the inside of the PSU) and you'll be more likely to damage the XB than it damage you.

#4 phatmuther

phatmuther

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 12 July 2003 - 06:48 PM

well i tried heating it up again but now its beyond repair, oh well i didnt pay for it in the first place anyway biggrin.gif , thanx for the help

#5 Senates684

Senates684

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 12 July 2003 - 06:54 PM

[chant] post pics post pics post pics post pics! [/chant]

Edited by Senates684, 12 July 2003 - 06:54 PM.

#6 phatmuther

phatmuther

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 12 July 2003 - 08:21 PM

well i would post pics if i had a good enough camera to take them on dry.gif , anyway iv started to saw the top part up and salvage what i can from it so that i can still use the controller, the buttons are gona be the hardest since the buttton holders dont hold em any more blink.gif

any way back to sawing muhaha.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users