6 replies to this topic

#1 kdoggg710

kdoggg710

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 02:39 AM

I was originally thinking of getting the pro but then I learned about on board flashes and many problems that people are having with the pros. I think since I'm still a noob I should get the Lite. Can anyone recomend one over the other? I know they are basically the same chip but which is easier to install w/ less headaches(flashing wise)? Thanks for any help.

Kdoggg

#2 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 13 July 2003 - 02:43 AM

They are both going to flash the same way. The only differences in this hardware revision are:

1) Lite allows to switch between 2 BIOS banks, Pro allows you to switch between up to 4.
2) If the Lite has a bad flash, you'll have to remove the chip and repogram it using the X2 Lite programmer or perform a hot swap - both of which require you to open your Xbox. Conversely, the Pro has an external adapter so you can reflash the chip without opening the Xbox.

#3 kdoggg710

kdoggg710

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 03:04 AM

I understood what both had as options. I'm more or less asking if there have been many problems flashing with pros vs the lites. I have heard many dislike the pros and say they aren't flashing correctly. But thanks for rehashing my memory with the mod chip features. hehe biggrin.gif

#4 simonm2000

simonm2000

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 03:12 AM

no difference...
No offence but get a lite... If you use flashx you should never encounter a bad flash...

#5 kdoggg710

kdoggg710

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 01:29 PM

Flashx...I know you can flash each bank and shouldn't have a problem. But I was wondering how can I use flashx on the intial flash? I don't want to mess up on that one and on the new 2.2s the Cromwell biosflash only will use a bin file, not load another cd.

#6 bigga

bigga

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 13 July 2003 - 06:28 PM

i got an x2lite programmer and have been very pleased with results when using x2cable combined with x2liteflasher (a graphical interface)

#7 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (kdoggg710 @ Jul 13 2003, 10:29 AM)
Flashx...I know you can flash each bank and shouldn't have a problem. But I was wondering how can I use flashx on the intial flash? I don't want to mess up on that one and on the new 2.2s the Cromwell biosflash only will use a bin file, not load another cd.

As I already said, they flash the same way - using Xecuter's FlashBIOS. They can also use hardware flashers, which work approximately the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users