3 replies to this topic

#1 seramtia

seramtia

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 04:17 PM

huh.gif

I have read all the guides and XBMP state that they can read files from the dvd drive
as long as its in either the UDF or ISO 9660 format but for some reason i cant get it to
work.

I have XBMP set up in the apps of my EvoX which is on my original XBOX HDD and do not have my xbox permantely set up to network and dont wont to upload movies to my HDD.

I have all my movies and mps stored on dvdr/w and cdr/w and used nero INCD i have looked but there doesn't seem to be any special settings for this, as i read the UDF has to
be 128 or something, does this matter?

Hope you can help beerchug.gif

#2 deltop

deltop

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 06:16 PM

Isn't INCD packet writing software?

You should be using the bog standard version of Nero or the latest version of RecordNow Max to create ordinary UDF128 discs.

Packet writing software is used to create discs which can then be accessed like a floppy or hard drive partition. You shouldn't be using it to back up stuff to dvdr permanently as you need to do in order to access it in xbmp.

#3 seramtia

seramtia

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 08:56 PM

smile.gif

Yep INCD is packet writing, i was under the impression that UDF was packet writing only i didn't realize there was another format.

Anyway burnt an iso9660 and it works fine.

cheers

#4 deltop

deltop

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 01:29 PM

Remember though there are limitations when writing DVDr's in ISO9660 format.
If your media files are under 1gig each and your writing dvd's use UDF not ISO as you'll run into problems. ISO9660 cd's will be fine howevcer. All the details are in the xbmp faq.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users