Photo

Ftp Problem - Only Oneway Access To Xbox!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 leef

leef

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 01:45 AM

Okay check this, im running on my xbox fine, can xfer to and from the xbox over ftp/relax, everything is kosher, yada yada yada.

Today, after i earlier installed Xlink (and it works fine as well) I went and found a save, and started up the 'ol Flash FXP to login to xbox and transfer.

THe thing is, now i cant connect, from mine or any computer on my network. I get a "connection refused". I can ping it, and relax accesses my movies and mp3's just dandy, but for the life of me, i cannot connect. Ive rebooted. Ive whined in #xbox-link (lol). Im pulling out my hair.

Im using flashfxp, and on a linksys router/network, but everything's been working fine for months! I accessed the xbox over ftp a few days ago! What gives?

#2 trob

trob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 01:58 AM

If your using evox have you turned off passive ftp in flash fxp?

#3 leef

leef

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 06:37 AM

yes yes yes, but the thing is, everything was working fine just a few days ago, with the same settings. I can connect to my pc from the xbox, but not vice versa. And if you think it's my pc, i cant connect with any others on the network. Driving me crazy! help!

#4 sniffinpoprocks

sniffinpoprocks

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 07:48 AM

running xp? haven't really heard of anyone else having this problem but when I installed the latest xp security patch a few days ago it wiped my network connections out. couldnt get them to work again. finally I tried changing from default 192.168.0.xxx to 192.168.100.xxx for all my network devices. then i could connect my pc's and xbox's again.

try changing all your devices to a non-standard ip range.

#5 nix2k

nix2k

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 08:20 AM

Might want to see if EvoX is using a static IP, or a dynamic one. You can set the IP, but it will still use dynamic, unless you tell it not to. Otherwise, just go into the System Settings thing, and check at the top to see what IP it is using.

Other apps, like XBMP, are configured independently (like I needed to say that), and the IP addresses can vary. I did it to test, and set EvoX to use 192.168.0.2, and then XBMP to use 192.168.0.3. My main PC (which also acts as my router right now) didnt know the difference.

#6 leef

leef

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 02:04 PM

thanks for the advice... i reset all the devices (like TheDaddy suggested) including the router/modem, and now it works just fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users