• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 spiralhelix

spiralhelix

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 October 2002 - 04:14 PM

yesterday I had to reboot my w2k machine, only to get a inaccessable_boot_device dump error. I couldn't figure out why. I got pissed off and left the room for awhile forgetting to turn my xbox off. So I went back in and turned it off, then for the hell of it, tried the computer again. It booted perfectly! So I did some trouble shooting and it turns out that if the xbox is turned on before my computer is, the computer doesn't recognize it on the network or something and thinks it may be a boot device. This problem only exists when the xbox is sitting at the EvoX menu, with a game running, there isn't a problem. My best guess is that since EvoX gives access to the ethernet port with an IP address, the computer tries to use that drive. Freaky. But at least my computer isn't f-ed in the end. Just wanted people to know if they started to run into that problem.

#2 WiKKiD

WiKKiD

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 08 October 2002 - 07:39 PM

Gonna hafta try and duplicate this when I get home.. By chance you using webdrive?

#3 falz

falz

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 October 2002 - 10:30 PM

Certainly sounds like he has SOME type of service running that's expecting to see an IP on the network. Certainly you could hold down SHIFT when you're almost to the windows GUI, and it will bypass the 'startup' folder.

Or, look in HKLM/software/MS/windows/currentversion/run in the registry and see what kind of crap you have running at startup.

#4 Hammy

Hammy

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 09 October 2002 - 12:54 PM

You have the bloody BugBear Virus so format your pc now biggrin.gif

#5 Demon

Demon

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 12 October 2002 - 02:35 AM

Does your motherboard have an onboard network card? If so, go into your BIOS and turn of the Network Boot.

Thats the best I can think of...

:d:

#6 BLazeD

BLazeD

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 12 October 2002 - 06:45 AM

QUOTE (Demon @ Oct 12 2002, 01:35 PM)
Does your motherboard have an onboard network card? If so, go into your BIOS and turn of the Network Boot.

Thats the best I can think of...

biggrin.gif:

Sounds right to me...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users