Photo

Modified Startup Animation Sequence - Complex

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

Poll: is the news on the frontpage of XS about the "Modified Startup Animation sequence" real... (118 member(s) have cast votes)

is the news on the frontpage of XS about the "Modified Startup Animation sequence" real...

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 xboxistheshiznit

xboxistheshiznit

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 14 July 2003 - 05:10 PM

so do you think its real? for now, till i see proof, im going to say fake... but it would be cool as hell if i were real.

#2 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 July 2003 - 05:36 PM

It's Complex, at least they claim to be, but they did just register today... however, I think it's real. Why? Well, it's either a real DirectX animation or a very complicated 3-D rendering - but whoever did it knew what they were doing.

I suspect it's an Xbox app, written to demo the 3-D code they would insert into the BIOS. Yes, it can certainly be done, BTW, as the Flubber uses DirectX and other standard calls as well. All it requires is the flubber to be removed and the new animation to be linked in.

#3 xboxistheshiznit

xboxistheshiznit

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 05:40 PM

i would be much more convinced if they release a video of it

#4 deleted23

deleted23

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 05:41 PM

I just hope that they figure out a way to get the startup to display in 480p in the process *fingers crossed*

#5 xboxistheshiznit

xboxistheshiznit

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 02:41 AM

k... with the video that was released on maxconsole.com (http://www.maxconsol...xbox&newsid=329) im a bit more convinced this is real, which is a good thing beerchug.gif

#6 smitty555

smitty555

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 11:57 PM

This looks very interesting. Wonder if the Complex logo will be the only option or if you will be able to put anything on it. Im sure its still to early to tell but it would be nice if a bios tool was made that allowed you to modify it how you wanted. Also noticed the background was the same but looks like the camera angles are adjustable. Hats off to Complex in any event. beerchug.gif

#7 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 16 July 2003 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE (smitty555 @ Jul 15 2003, 08:57 PM)
This looks very interesting. Wonder if the Complex logo will be the only option or if you will be able to put anything on it. Im sure its still to early to tell but it would be nice if a bios tool was made that allowed you to modify it how you wanted. Also noticed the background was the same but looks like the camera angles are adjustable. Hats off to Complex in any event. beerchug.gif

It should be possible, within certain limits, to alter the model from flubber, change the pulsation of the flubber/alternative model, and change the viewing angle, which is exactly what they did.

A tool like XBTool could probably do this. Complex did do a wonderful and seamless job in replacing this data, but the more I look at it, the more I'm thinking it's more akin to a big patch, rather than all new code.

#8 slidellsimba2

slidellsimba2

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 01:44 AM

i vote fake till i see proof

#9 smitty555

smitty555

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 03:46 PM

If it is a fake, someone went to a lot of trouble to fool us. beerchug.gif

#10 BunnyMan

BunnyMan

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 08:23 PM

well after the past few weeks i believe anything is possible i love modding my xbox its a beautiful thing can't wait to see how this turns out should be sweet

#11 Rob3121

Rob3121

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Interests:Xbox

Posted 18 July 2003 - 08:33 PM

I don't know why Complex would make a fake animation? That would be pretty stupid...

#12 jokk

jokk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 01:57 AM

It's real and its not a "hexedit"...

#13 nemt

nemt

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 29 February 2004 - 01:22 PM

The expression is "couldn't" care less, not "could," what sense does "could" make?

cool.gif

#14 heinrich

heinrich

..assuming the role of God

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,576 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 06:20 PM

better question.. why does it matter ?

#15 duudfromnorway

duudfromnorway

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 March 2004 - 06:34 PM

737 viewers and 14 replys! people are curious, but don`t care unless they got an easy manual on "how it works" or a button in tha screen where it says " click me if you want to change animation"...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users