#1 predator002

predator002

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 15 July 2003 - 10:58 AM

With my original Amiga 1200 Years ago I had a Spectrum emulator with about 500 games. It ran full speed, full sound and supported the joysticks.

Do you think if someone found the adf images of these disks, would the emulator run good on the UAE-X amiga emulator?

#2 pelago

pelago

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 11:49 AM

Could do... why don't you try it and see?

#3 predator002

predator002

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 15 July 2003 - 02:11 PM

I've found a site that holds amiga emu's. I'm totally shocked about what it supposedly can play.

Commodore 64
Amstrad CPC (Yeah!)
Spectrum
N64
Mame
NeoMame
Gameboy
Sega Master System
Atari 800
PC Engine
Atari ST

I haven't had a long look, just a quick scan so maybe I'm wrong. But can't wait to try these.

Here is the link: - http://wuarchive.wus...s/misc_emu.html

If I'm not supposed to show links, I'll gradly remove it.

#4 pelago

pelago

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 06:22 PM

It depends how you define an Amiga. The N64 emulator you mention runs on a PowerPC 'Amiga' rather than the 680x0-based Amigas as UAE emulates. So out of that list I believe the Spectrum, CPC, Atari 800 etc may work well, but not N64, MAME, ST or PC Engine (but hey, who cares are there are decent native Xbox emulators for those).

It might be fun to try, but you'll have an extra layer of hassle getting these emulators to work. Just transferring the rom files will be a challenge, as you couldn't simply ftp the files to a folder on the Xbox. You would have to convert stuff to ADF files, or possibly Amiga hard disk images.

Edited by pelago, 15 July 2003 - 06:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users