9 replies to this topic

#1 DeTr0iT

DeTr0iT

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 02:38 AM

After I installed the new x-ecuter 2.2 lite, it would load up to the cromwell bios flash screen. I have attempted to load up the ozxchip burned to a cd-rw. this never worked for me. But after attempting it for the 1000 th time.. I've seem to have F***ed the xbox all up. When I boot it up, it goes to a blank screen. If I disable the mod chip, it will boot up normally.

Xbox stats:
8 gig wd hard drive
Thompson dvd-rom drive
standard rca cables and power

I have burned ozxchip to memorex and verbatim cd-rw's and none of them worked. But now i think i have a more serious issue.. No Boot on mod chip..

Has anyone seen this before?
What should i do, other than throwing it in the garbage!!!

Thank In Advance!!

#2 DeTr0iT

DeTr0iT

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 02:51 AM

also, when i try to eject the disc while the chip is "enabled" the green light just flashes a few times and never ejects the disc. I have to shut it down, then "disable" the chip, then boot up and eject the disc.

#3 DeTr0iT

DeTr0iT

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 02:53 AM

alright, now this B*tch is a frickin ghost machine. I just booted back to the FlashBIOS (Cromwell) Screen.. what in the hell.. that was about 100 + reboots.. . too funny...

Now it guess it back to step one!!! New dvd-rom install time

#4 Terrorbyte

Terrorbyte

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 16 July 2003 - 04:12 AM

Detroit:

That's not your fault, it's a bug with the FlashBIOS (Cromwell). I've seen this identical behavior on ALL XBOXes that I've modded with Xecuter 2.2 Lite chips (preflashed with the FlashBIOS Cromwell). It can take MANY reboots to get Cromwell to finally post video. It's like the XBOX has to hit a certain temperature before Cromwell decides to work. P.O.S. In order to reduce the number of reboots, it helps to flip the switches on the Xecuter chip, switch memory banks, and turn protecct/unprotect off/on a few times. If you get a black screen, let it sit that way for a few minutes, then try again. Once you get video and as long as you don't shut down your XBOX for too long after that, you should continue to boot into Cromwell without issues. Leave your XBOX powered off for more than a few minutes and you're f**ked again.

Cromwell is a useless piece of shit, my goal with any modchip is to quickly wipe the factory-installed Cromwell, either replacing with a newer version or some other BIOS.... wink.gif

Tips for creating your "BIOS Update CD"....do NOT burn an "ISO image", burn a STANDARD data CD-RW at 2x or slower, and fluff it up with a few .zip files, preferably making your disc 20MB or larger. Just rename your BIOS to bios.bin or any of the other acceptable BIOS names, and the FlashBIOS should work like a charm (if the damn thing posts video, of course, which may take a few dozen reboots). Make SURE you use x2bm to create a 1MB BIOS image, import the SAME BIOS into all 4 banks, then save. Once you have a 1MB BIOS file, you should be good to go with burning it to CD-RW. As for media, I've found Sony CD-RW to be the most "versatile" in the Phillips and Thompson DVD drives, which are picky about reading CD-R and some brands of CD-RW. The Samsung DVD drive doesn't give a shit, it'll read anything circular, you could probably cut a piece of bread into a circle and stick it into a Samsung DVD drive...it would still find a way to read data from it... laugh.gif

Edited by Terrorbyte, 16 July 2003 - 04:19 AM.

#5 Alpha-Omega

Alpha-Omega

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 July 2003 - 04:15 AM

This is also happening to me, no matter what I try with cd-rws it will not work. Someone please help us!!!

#6 Zeeden

Zeeden

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 04:51 AM

QUOTE (Alpha-Omega @ Jul 16 2003, 06:15 AM)
This is also happening to me, no matter what I try with cd-rws it will not work. Someone please help us!!!

get someone to make you a dvd copy

#7 Alpha-Omega

Alpha-Omega

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 July 2003 - 05:07 AM

I've seen all over the place that TDK High Speed CD-RW 74min work and I've tried everything and it doesn't work. I am too poor to get a dvd burner and the same for my friends....

#8 smack181

smack181

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 05:23 AM

I'm getting the same thing...

Did what you said and seemed to work... Not. Cromwell says that it's updating, goes through the motions, shuts down like it should. But when I turn it back on, I get nothing but black for 2 or 3 tries then right back to the cromwell load disk screen. What do ya think?

#9 HappyPenguin

HappyPenguin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 06:03 PM

Terrorbyte:

When you said it can take many reboots to get Cromwell post video, is it just to show video or to work at all? I recently installed a Xecuter 2.2 lite and if I boot with the chip on I got a solid green LED and no video, no tray ejecting. Is this exactly what you were saying that can be solved by many reboots?

Thanks!

#10 WodMan

WodMan

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 11:31 PM

That is what he is saying. I was getting the same thing. That linux bios is hit or miss. A very inconsistent product. I suppose that for those that work it is better than sending a blank bios though. I have tried a few and ended up doing a hot swap with an already flashed x2. I also have the LPT programmer and have not been able to establish communication.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users