A long time ago I fried a MB trying an Enigmah install, but replaced it with a new MB (v1.0). So now of course the "service required" error comes up since the HDD ID and EEPROM ID don't match (as far as I understand it). What I want to do is:
1. install an executor2.2 lite
2. flash the bios / load evox (assuming it will boot from cd by default still)
3. use the team-assembly src to crack the key of the HD and unlock it (on the PC if neccessary)
4. use evox to get the eeprom key and relock the HD with it
Steps 3 and 4 are trying to get it so that the MS dashboard will work fine with the modchip disabled.
1. Will I be able to flash the mod chips bios (if neccessary) and install evox with the HD locked? (What is it about the clock resetting that causes the xbox to look solely at the HD?)
2. Does evox get the key that the MB sends or that the HD expects? All the docs I read on this seemed a little unclear
3. If I can't get the ID that the MB is going to send, I can use evox and games (retail and/or backups) fine with the HD unlocked right, though the MS dashboard will fail?
Thanks for the help.
Replacing Mb (hdd Id Mismatch)
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users