XBXmasta

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 July 2003 - 09:29 PM

I happend to strip a screw for my matrix mod chip how can i fix this. Could i use a bigger screw and if i can does it really matter what kind.

grr.gif XBXmasta grr.gif

#2 TheDentist

TheDentist

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 10:17 PM

I don't know exactly which screw you're talking about, but generally I've found that epoxy is a great thread-fixer. Go to your local hardware or auto parts store and buy some JB Weld for like $2. Get some oil or silicon based lubricant (even vaseline will work). Get a pad of post-its ar something like it to mix on. Get a toothpick. Brush a little lubricant on the threads of the screw (just a little). Put a small amount of gel from each tube on the post-it pad (equal amounts of each gel). Mix 'em up real good with toothpick, and brush a little of it on the threads of the screw. Don't use a lot- you'll just have a mess to clean up in a minute if you do. Screw the screw in and carefully remove any excess. DONT mess with it for like 10 minutes, then very carefully back it out like 1/4 turn, then stop and let it sit overnight. In the morning you should be able to remove the screw and have new threads in the hole. Don't overtighten it again wink.gif
Hope this helps!

Edited by TheDentist, 16 July 2003 - 10:29 PM.

#3 No_Remorse_666

No_Remorse_666

The Mad Head Modder

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 July 2003 - 10:20 PM

go to the hardware store and buy a #6 x 1/2" sheet metal screw

#4 XBXmasta

XBXmasta