• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 b00st

b00st

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 October 2002 - 02:05 AM

Im trying to put files on the xbox harddrive without connecting it to my pc and am having a problem. I transfered a lot of stuff without any problems using xboxplorer onto the e: drive. When i went to transfer some emulator roms i have on the cdrw onto th e: drive it says that it cant and that the disk may be full. I know for sure the drive isnt full (evox dashboard says there is 4.7 gigs free on the drive). I was able to transfer a few, but not all. I thought the names may be too long, but it does the same thing to some with short names. Any ideas?

#2 LiquidZero

LiquidZero

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 10 October 2002 - 03:50 AM

I know the error you're talking about, but I've never seen it when xfering files with short names... only the long names give it problems for me. You might want to try a different utility. I'm not much of a pro on that as I usually just ftp my stuff over, but there's bound to be some other file transfer utility.

#3 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 10 October 2002 - 07:02 AM

QUOTE (b00st @ Oct 10 2002, 01:05 AM)
Im trying to put files on the xbox harddrive without connecting it to my pc and am having a problem. I transfered a lot of stuff without any problems using xboxplorer onto the e: drive. When i went to transfer some emulator roms i have on the cdrw onto th e: drive it says that it cant and that the disk may be full. I know for sure the drive isnt full (evox dashboard says there is 4.7 gigs free on the drive). I was able to transfer a few, but not all. I thought the names may be too long, but it does the same thing to some with short names. Any ideas?

Your disk is bad.

Do NOT use XISO to make the CD. Use RecordnowMax in data mode and burn a DVD-R (or DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW) and NOT a CD-RW!

The latter is a big problem for most Xbox drives.

What you are running into is how poorly the Xbox handles CD-RW disks, for which it was never designed!

#4 Hammy

Hammy

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 10 October 2002 - 01:38 PM

Try ftping to your hard drive jester.gif

#5 BIOYAM

BIOYAM

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 10 October 2002 - 03:09 PM

Since you say that you "transfered a lot of stuff" to the E: drive already, and the E: drive starts out at about 4.7 gigs when empty, It probaly IS full. To rectify the situation, I would FTP your entire E: drive to a PC, reformat the Xbox's E: partition & transfer them back to the Xbox.
This should then give you an accurate "hard drive free space" reading.
Becareful filling up the E: drive, since I believe the Xbox utilizes some of the free space on E: drive as a "scratch" disk.
BIOYAM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users