smbshare=smb://username:password@workgroup/computername/sharename
smbshare=smb://username:password@workgroup:ip_address/computername/sharename
smbshare=smb://username:password@computername/sharename
smbshare=smb://username:password@computername:ip_address/sharename
smbshare=smb://workgroup/computername/sharename
smbshare=smb://workgroup:ip_address/computername/sharename
smbshare=smb://computername/sharename
smbshare=smb://computername:ip_address/sharename

with no luck. Yes, i have been sure to load the new .ini in the emu, and have tried directly replacing it in E/SAVES/FCEULTRA/

If anyone has gotten it to work, can you share your secret?

Also, will filenames over the 42 char limit be able to be played over SMB? My hope is that it truncates the filename before trying to load it.

#2 FaMiNe

FaMiNe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 17 July 2003 - 03:13 PM

I also haven't gotten it to work.

I've tried the setups posted above, and I've copied my SMB settings directly from XBMP (which do work) into FCEU, and they don't work there.

I've also tried to be as nice to it as possible (sharing the destination folder directly, putting a single rom in there with a fully compatible filename [MM2.nes])

So, I'm convinced it doesn't actually work.

Otherwise, great emulator Xport, your emu's are the best out there =D

-afeared

P.S. I think that names over 42 chars will work over SMB, its much like playing them from a disc, I'd imagine. I don't know 100% obviously, as I haven't gotten samba to work =P

#3 XPort

XPort

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 17 July 2003 - 04:08 PM

Obviously it works for me or else I wouldn't have included it as a feature. Say that it doesn't work for you - not that it doesn't work at all.

There's some weirdness with SMB for a minority of people. Unfortunately, you seem to be in that minority. All I can say is to first make sure your SMB shares are working on your PC by testing the share from PC to PC or from XBMP to PC.

There are still some people whose shares work in XBMP and not in PCSXBox/FCEUltra - but after fiddling with the share name/structure most people have gotten it to work.

#4 GLaCiERDC

GLaCiERDC

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 17 July 2003 - 05:10 PM

am I in the minority that cant get netplay to work? and when I attempt to be the host server, if I want to cancel it says to press B and B does nothing uhh.gif

#5 Andureel

Andureel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 05:15 PM

The shares work fine and dandy on PC or in XBMP and I can see FCEUltra/PCSXbox connecting to my pc, but thats all .. it seems like it doesnt get the file listing. We're being the loud minority, sorry. tongue.gif

Just a suggestion (cause I have no clue about coding and sources), but wouldnt it be possible for you to check in the XBMP source whats different in its and your way of accessing SMB folders?

#6 XPort

XPort

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 07:57 PM

I've already looked at XBMP. The code is the same. Something else screwy is going on behind the scenes.

#7 FaMiNe

FaMiNe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 17 July 2003 - 10:19 PM

I don't really know what to say, other than I've tried so many combinations of things that its not really funny tongue.gif

SMB seems to work on my home network flawlessly in all other cases (pc-pc, xbox-pc[xbmp]), I made a new user/password for the xbox with admin access, etc.

question, does your samba share have guest access enabled? or are you entering a l/p. I was watching my sessions open, and I didn't notice anybody logging into my samba shares from the xbox or anything... perhaps it was rejected because of the login (I'm not sure that my computer allows anonymous access, I don't think it does, actually)

I can get the emulator to attempt to login (I imagine thats what its doing, when it seems to freeze for a second or so when I try to login) once per session, then I have to restart the emulator to get it to pause again, usually it just automatically goes into another screen with nothing but "<SMB://>" on it, and when i hit accept on that, it takes me to the previous menu.

#8 Skates

Skates

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 03:15 AM

Same problem here and I have no problems with XBMP...

Any chance of copying the SMB support found in XBMP into FCE Ultra??

Edited by Skates, 18 July 2003 - 05:12 AM.

#9 robg

robg

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 18 July 2003 - 07:06 AM

This is not working for me either. Again it can be seen in media player but not in this program. I have been having the same problems in Mame-ox too.

#10 Driver

Driver

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 August 2003 - 05:10 PM

Chalk me up as another person who can't get samba shares to work from your emulators (I've tried neogenesis and fce). These shares are on my linux box and work fine from Windows and XBMP. To people who have this feature working, can you please post the following?

1. Your smbshare and smb_nameserver settings in the .ini file.
2. The OS that is hosting your samba share.
3. The IP addresses of your XBOX and hosting machine (and whether or not they are using DHCP).

Maybe we can find some pattern to this. Thanks.

#11 d3tr0it

d3tr0it

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 05:20 PM

Try to setup the gateway in your dash to point to the pc which is sharing the files... This helped for me.
I also pointed the nameserver to the PC as instructed in the readme.

And btw i use the smb://workgroup/computername/share

UPDATE: I can confirm that if I set the gateway in my dash to something else.. like my router. The samba shares does not work. But if I set it back to the pc which is sharing the files. It works nice as hell! biggrin.gif

Edited by d3tr0it, 05 August 2003 - 05:35 PM.

#12 NaughtyNu

NaughtyNu

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 05:24 PM

Last night I was shocked and had Samba shares working out of the blue! I was FTPing stuff to the Xbox, loaded an emu (don't remember which Xport emu it was), IGR, loaded NeoGenesis and poof, there was a Samba dir working. So I IGR and tried it with PCX and there it was again. Another IGR and off to XboyAdvance and...no Samba, but Relax was working (which hasn;t worked for me in any emus as well, and yes both methods work fine for me with XBMP)

The formula I used in my ini files:

smbshare=smb://username:password@workgroup/computername/sharename
(All in caps if that matters)
The next line for the ip was to my PC on my network is 192.168.1.100
My Xbox is 192.168.1.102. I have a Wireless Linksys router but both PC and Xbox are using cables.

My only theory on why this worked for me is because I was FTPing stuff which might of poked the Xbox's IP awake and then IGR which kept it in memory still. I really don't know. Doesn't explain why VGAX refused the SMB and kicked in with Relax though.

But there's hope!

#13 Driver

Driver

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 05:44 PM

Naughty, which IGR method do you use? I use the Xecutor IGR in the bios all the time and that never had any effect whether samba worked on not through the emu's.

#14 Driver

Driver

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (d3tr0it @ Aug 5 2003, 10:20 AM)
Try to setup the gateway in your dash to point to the pc which is sharing the files... This helped for me.
I also pointed the nameserver to the PC as instructed in the readme.

And btw i use the smb://workgroup/computername/share

UPDATE: I can confirm that if I set the gateway in my dash to something else.. like my router. The samba shares does not work. But if I set it back to the pc which is sharing the files. It works nice as hell!  biggrin.gif

Interesting find. I'll try this out when I get home tonight, but if this is indeed the problem, then this suggests a bug in the emulators. Perhaps it is using the gateway setting incorrectly?

#15 NaughtyNu

NaughtyNu

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 06:56 PM

I have the IGR in EvoX that I use off an old CDRW disc. I have a really old, un-updatable chip with an external on/off switch and the default dashboard. Small hassle but I can use Live at least.

IGR probably has nothing to do with it but I thought I would mention what I was doing before SMB started to work for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users