X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 July 2003 - 11:09 AM

UPDATED 6/20/04

This method will allow you to use a regular memory unit as an action replay (get and put saves from the internet to the xbox) without buying a mega-x key or action replay but rather, a standard xbox memory unit (xbox brand,but read on later in this thread if you want too try some other brand..there are ways too do this..but i have not tried them so of course..i will not include them in my tutorial) and a standard xbox controller. Also, it will let you use your controller on your computer like a usable gamepad..on most emulators and games with controller support, and also, just by making a few modifications, you can use a keyboard and mouse on your xbox.

You'll need,
1.Xbox memory unit(THIS TUTORIAL NO LONGER SUPPORTS A NON MS BRAND MEMORY CARD, DUE TO TOO MANY CONFLICTS IN SAVE CORRUPTION..ETC.)

2.Access from your xbox controller to your PC (xbox controller to usb cable, or homebrew cutting the cord and connecting the wires technique, EXPLAINED LATER IN THIS THREAD!!!!)

Here are the steps.

1. Get the action replay software LINK 1 is 1.20(Seen problems, reccomended use of 1.05), LINK 2 is 1.05.
1.http://us.codejunkie...box_1_20_US.exe
2.http://us.codejunkie...nglish1_05).exe

2. Download the HID drivers.(XCtrl is now illegal and will NOT be used in this tutorial)
http://image.lik-san...ent/xid/xid.zip

3. Plug the controller into the PC.(Make sure the memory card is NOT plugged in!!) It will say found new hardware. and direct it to where you installed the HID drivers on your computer. Reboot

4.Plug the memory unit into the controller. It will say found new hardware. Direct it to where you installed the action replay software in the Driver folder. (or if you didnt change it, C:/Program Files/Datel/Action Replay Xbox/Driver
Reboot

5. Double-click on ActionReplayXbox.exe in the action replay folder, and voila, you now own an action replay, cool eh, but you didnt waste like 40 bucks.

--Homebrew Xbox Controller To PC Method--
PICS AT BOTTOM
You'll need
1.a usb cord(or cut an old mouse or something and salvage the cord from it,BUT MAKE SURE ITS USB!!)

2.An xbox controller, duh

Here's the steps

1.Find a good place at the end of the xbox cord(i did it by where it plugs into the second part of the controller cord) carefully, strip all the wires (about a dimes length)

2.Cut the usb cord and strip all the wires(about a dimes length)

3.Match up wires and twist them together or solder them. except the yellow wire on the xbox controller cord. which you don't need, just snip it off

4.Either tape them together which electrical tape them, or you can tidy it up a little bit and solder them. it still works out fine either way.
PICS
*all work on this site is work of original author*
http://www.llamma.co...usb_adapter.htm

Edited by vintage_guitar, 20 June 2004 - 05:15 AM.

#2 caustic

caustic

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 11:29 AM

So i can use to to transfer the 007 hacked save to an official memory card?

Then once ive done that how to i copy it from the memory card to the hdd?

Thanks, good tutorial.

#3 vintage_guitar

vintage_guitar

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 11:32 AM

go to the 'memory' icon on the MS dashboard, and press left and press A then find the save on it and press right, then copy.. thats it

Edited by vintage_guitar, 19 July 2003 - 11:34 AM.

#4 caustic

caustic

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 11:33 AM

Thanks, it was a stupid question, i should have looked, i found the info i needed at http://xbox-linux.so.....thout Modchip

#5 caustic

caustic

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 11:53 AM

Will 3rd party memory cards by companies such as Mad Catz, Interact, and so on work just as well as an official MS card?

#6 vintage_guitar

vintage_guitar

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 12:02 PM

haven't tested but i don't see why they wouldn't.. they must have the same MS signed hardware in order to run on unmodded xboxs with no exploits

#7 xjet

xjet

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 09:37 PM

Alternative method:

Mad Catz Memory Card Usb Mod

This will work on any memory card I just used a Mad Catz Because it was cheap.
(I found one at Game Stop for $8.99 used)

#8 xjet

xjet

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 09:48 PM

Ebgames and Best Buy have them new for $19.99.

#9 vintage_guitar

vintage_guitar

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 20 July 2003 - 03:18 AM

*updated*

#10 mplsldp

mplsldp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 July 2003 - 04:10 AM

vintage_guitar, what do you mean by 'signed hardware? i assumed that any usb memory stick would be compatible with the xbox as long as the adaptor cable was used.
another question: why would you need the AR software? can't you simply copy+paste the 007/MA zip to the memory stick?
thanks for any replies. smile.gif

#11 vintage_guitar

vintage_guitar

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 20 July 2003 - 05:43 AM

you need the software in order to have access to whats on it or put stuff on it..unless you build your own, it isn't accessible like a hard drive..you can only access the contents through some kind of program

#12 Ridley

Ridley

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 20 July 2003 - 08:30 AM

Wow, thanks!

This will save me some money.

#13 lostsushi

lostsushi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 July 2003 - 08:38 AM

Instead of cutting the controller cord before the connector to the breakaway cable, would it work if i cut the actual breakaway cable instead and connect that to the USB part? I have a spare breakaway cable so i'd rather cut that than the actual controller cord. smile.gif

So something like...

Controller -> connector to breakaway -> breakaway cable (cut here) -> wire up to a USB cable

Thanks!

#14 jackslap

jackslap

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 July 2003 - 11:46 AM

I used the breakaway cable and it worked great for me.It was a mad catz one I got at game stop.

Edited by jackslap, 20 July 2003 - 11:47 AM.

#15 vintage_guitar

vintage_guitar

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 20 July 2003 - 12:57 PM

i did that to another one of my controllers (it was a madcatz too lol)

Edited by vintage_guitar, 20 July 2003 - 12:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users