371 replies to this topic

#361 niteshgaba

niteshgaba

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE(ldotsfan @ Aug 5 2010, 07:20 PM) View Post

Somebody tried a MicroSD card from a phone and got lucky. Basically to find a compatible USB device for the xbox, throw a dice and see where it lands - any existing USB device you can lay your hands on.

Do you have a USB/IDE enclosure? You could hotswap with that too. http://forums.xbox-s...&...t&p=4714351

Thanks for pointing me out.. I got it:)

The only problem is i cannt see the full screen. The letter are going out of TV set. I have installed Unleash. Any IDea

Edited by niteshgaba, 06 August 2010 - 05:11 PM.

#362 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 August 2010 - 02:58 AM

QUOTE(niteshgaba @ Aug 7 2010, 12:09 AM) View Post

Thanks for pointing me out.. I got it:)

The only problem is i cannt see the full screen. The letter are going out of TV set. I have installed Unleash. Any IDea

Try changing the unleashX skin. What AV cables are you using? Is this a PAL or NTSC console? Are you using a HDTV?

#363 steveo1978

steveo1978

Local Retard

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:20 AM

There is a setting in Unleashx to adjust the screen size. I dont have unleash right know so I cant say exactly what it is but it will let you adjust it using the right and left thumb sticks.

#364 niteshgaba

niteshgaba

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE(steveo1978 @ Aug 7 2010, 07:50 AM) View Post

There is a setting in Unleashx to adjust the screen size. I dont have unleash right know so I cant say exactly what it is but it will let you adjust it using the right and left thumb sticks.

Try changing the unleashX skin. What AV cables are you using? Is this a PAL or NTSC console? Are you using a HDTV?

OK.Will try to change the skin. I am using the AV cables which comes withXBOX. Its an NTSC Console. Mine TV is HD Ready which supports only 480i.

Which dashboard you guys suggest?

I may be stupid to ask this question. But if you can answer.

Diff between Softmod Installer Deluxe and Auto Installer Deluxe

What i need to do if i need to put a new HDD. My Xbox is not Mod Chipped.

Edited by niteshgaba, 07 August 2010 - 04:27 AM.

#365 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 August 2010 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE(niteshgaba @ Aug 7 2010, 10:40 AM) View Post

Which dashboard you guys suggest?

XBMC is my personal preference.

Diff between Softmod Installer Deluxe and Auto Installer Deluxe

One is a softmod , the other an installer disc.

What i need to do if i need to put a new HDD. My Xbox is not Mod Chipped.

Read my sig.

#366 jaybeebrad

jaybeebrad

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:34 AM

I realize this thread is long ignored but I have been working on this for a week now and posting for help in forums across the web with NO response.

I've been following this guide:
http://forums.afterd...view.cfm/578329

I'm using a SanDisk Cruzer 2GB USB flash drive which has been confirmed as working for other people.
Because I'm on Windows7, which REFUSES to install the Action Replay drivers, I'm using a virtual machine (trying both windows2000 and windowsxp.)

In both cases I'm also trying versions 1.05 and 1.4 of the Action Replay software.

I have managed to get the device manager on both OSes to install the AR drivers, but neither OS will show the card in Action Replay 1.4 when I open it up. Alternatley, BOTH OSes show the card when I open up 1.05 - I see a saved game I put on it from my XBOX, but it also shows this long chain of folders labeled "Unnamed Title"; however, it is greyed out and I am unable to drag things to it, and the AP logo is flashing but never goes solid.

Additionally when I try to close it, I get this message: "There is currently 1 active operation in progress", and I can't even close down the AP software. I have to shut down the whole OS.

Someone else had an identical problem using a "Madcatz memory card and controller." They actually discuss it in post 95 of this very thread:
http://forums.xbox-s...o...9198&st=90#

I have definitely replaced the info in the xbreader.inf file to reflect the numbers of my USB card.

I just don't know what to do. This is the third USB flash drive I've tried, and it's the first one where AR has recognized it as existing at ALL. It also shows a saved game I moved from my Xbox to the USB card, so I know THAT is functioning.

*NOTE - I have also used a DaneElec 2GB drive; both OS's work with both versions of Action Replay, but in all cases as soon as the AR software opens, it crashes; but I can see the card appearing in the left menu before it crashes.

Someone please help me. I'm getting more frustrated than I can stand!

Edited by jaybeebrad, 30 December 2010 - 11:16 AM.

#367 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:53 AM

What makes you think this thread is "long ignored"? If you mean that there's no idle and pointless chatter then you are right, but there are no outstanding questions, hence no recent activity.

Use Xplorer360 beta 6 instead of AR.

Edited by Heimdall, 30 December 2010 - 11:56 AM.

#368 jaybeebrad

jaybeebrad

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Dec 30 2010, 05:53 AM) View Post

What makes you think this thread is "long ignored"? If you mean that there's no idle and pointless chatter then you are right, but there are no outstanding questions, hence no recent activity.

Use Xplorer360 beta 6 instead of AR.

I apologize. It's just I haven't gotten a single response on any other forums, at all. I had low expectations.

i see a link for this program but I have absolutely no idea how it works or what to do with it. I will attempt to read up, but if you could give me a little insight as to what it is and how it works... I'm attempting to do a soft mod here, I really don't want to open up my Xbox (and to clarify this is not a 360, it's an original).

Thanks again...

*edit - Okay, I downloaded the program, put in my USB drive, and I copied over what I thought was supposed to be the savegame for the Splinter Cell hack, and I just about had a heart attack at how easy it was. But i then plugged the drive into the Xbox and in my saves it just lists something called "Linux Installer," which I have no understanding of whatsoever. sad.gif
I did copy "Install Linux" over to the HDD, but I'm still utterly confused. I'm not sure how this originated from a save game file!

Edited by jaybeebrad, 30 December 2010 - 12:10 PM.

#369 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:19 PM

Use the Krayzie 1.1.1 gamesave installer. Copy the two numbered folders (21585554 and 5553000c) to the root of the memory card using Xplorer360 beta 6, then copy them to your Xbox using the Xbox dash. Start the game, load the linux gamesave. Once you've backed up the eeprom and copied it to the memory card or used FTP to copy it to your PC (or both), select Basic Install - UnleashX dashboard.

#370 jaybeebrad

jaybeebrad

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Dec 30 2010, 06:19 AM) View Post

Use the Krayzie 1.1.1 gamesave installer. Copy the two numbered folders (21585554 and 5553000c) to the root of the memory card using Xplorer360 beta 6, then copy them to your Xbox using the Xbox dash. Start the game, load the linux gamesave. Once you've backed up the eeprom and copied it to the memory card or used FTP to copy it to your PC (or both), select Basic Install - UnleashX dashboard.

Ok, well now I'm freaking out. After I copied the file in question over I realized I also had a hack game save for Splinter Cell labeled as "NTSC", so I put that one on the flash drive and copied it onto the XBOX. And now my XBOX won't play any game. I've put in two (Splinter Cell and Mechwarrior) and both are giving me an error "Your Xbox can't recognize this disc. Make sure it's an Xbox gamne, DVD movie or audio CD. Also check to see if the disc is dirty or damaged. Remove the disc to continue."

What happened? How do I fix this?!?

Just tried a music CD, same thing!!!

Edited by jaybeebrad, 30 December 2010 - 12:27 PM.

#371 jaybeebrad

jaybeebrad

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE(jaybeebrad @ Dec 30 2010, 06:26 AM) View Post

Ok, well now I'm freaking out. After I copied the file in question over I realized I also had a hack game save for Splinter Cell labeled as "NTSC", so I put that one on the flash drive and copied it onto the XBOX. And now my XBOX won't play any game. I've put in two (Splinter Cell and Mechwarrior) and both are giving me an error "Your Xbox can't recognize this disc. Make sure it's an Xbox gamne, DVD movie or audio CD. Also check to see if the disc is dirty or damaged. Remove the disc to continue."

What happened? How do I fix this?!?

Just tried a music CD, same thing!!!

I can't believe this is happening. I came here for help and now something has gone horribly wrong, and I'm sitting here like an idiot crying over a non working xbox and you logged off. It's like, I know you don't owe me anything, but I don't know where to turn or what to do! This is horrible...

*edit - really, I'm just so distressed that someone would log on, give a quick tip without any real explanation, and then disappear. I've been working on trying to mod this thing for a week, and you come along and tell me to do something new, and I do it, and now my entire system appears to be completely broken. I just feel so defeated. It's 6AM, I have to make an attempt to forget this is happening and go to bed. I know I'm being a drama queen, but this is the worst feeling EVER.

Edited by jaybeebrad, 30 December 2010 - 12:56 PM.

#372 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:57 PM

You have three problems:

1. Your DVD drive is flaky. It has nothing to do with the softmod you've tried - mods don't affect the ability of the DVD drive to read genuine Xbox discs. Try cleaning the lens. If that doesn't work, you can temporarily swap one from another Xbox.
2. You need to get rid of all Splinter Cell gamesaves from the Xbox, and start again with the Krayzie gamesaves, not the old SID 2 saves you've been trying to use. Copy the numbered folders to the root of the memory card (see previous post). When you plug the memory card into the Xbox there will be two saves - one called Splinter Cell (7 blocks) and one called Linux Installer (375 blocks), and you have to copy both to your hard drive.
3. You need to relax, and maybe get someone to help you. It doesn't take a week to mod an Xbox with a gamesave, it takes 10 minutes, and maybe someone else there to make sure you aren't misunderstanding the instructions might be a good idea, and might stop you from becoming so emotionally involved.

Just for completeness, you should check your dashboard version before you start to softmod, and if it isn't 5960 then there's an extra step - you need to update the dash before you start. Any post 2004 live-enabled game after Halo 2 will work (Halo 2 and Doom 3 definitely work because I've used them both, and Pro Evolution Soccer 4, Need For Speed Most Wanted, and Goldeneye Rogue Agent should also work). Just load the game and start to log in to live. You don't need a network connection, you just go through the motions of starting to log in to live, and the first thing the game does is update the dashboard to the latest version. Once the update is done you can quit the game, then start Splinter Cell and do the softmod.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users