• Please log in to reply
371 replies to this topic

#61 lostsushi

lostsushi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 09:19 PM

Anyone gotten an Interact card to actually work?

THanks...

#62 yoshi

yoshi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (dougyt @ Jul 27 2003, 06:38 PM)
I have a problem with the AR software.
Made the lead, xbox controller works on pc, datel software works with memory card, but it will not transfer any of the modded saves, transfers all other saves ok.
I get the error that they are not xbox saves and it refuses to move them, tried all sorts of things I found in various forums but still no luck.
Please someone help  uhh.gif
other than this, the advice and tutorials here is spot on wonderful.
Also tried using usb flash in adaptor lead made from other halves of usb and xbox adaptor cable, but xbox can't see the memory stick....

Dougyt
I have to be me os no one else will

Made the lead, xbox controller works on pc, datel software works with memory card, but it will not transfer any of the modded saves, transfers all other saves ok.

Me too. sad.gif

Edited by yoshi, 29 July 2003 - 12:11 AM.

#63 9volt

9volt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 02:53 AM

QUOTE (yoshi @ Jul 28 2003, 05:10 PM)
QUOTE (dougyt @ Jul 27 2003, 06:38 PM)
I have a problem with the AR software.
I get the error that they are not xbox saves and it refuses to move them, tried all sorts of things I found in various forums but still no luck.
Please someone help  uhh.gif
other than this, the advice and tutorials here is spot on wonderful.
Also tried using usb flash in adaptor lead made from other halves of usb and xbox adaptor cable, but xbox can't see the memory stick....

Dougyt
I have to be me os no one else will

Me too. sad.gif

take a normal save folder and put it on your pc. delete everything in that folder and replace it with the contents of the mod folder. AR will be happy.

#64 dougyt

dougyt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 08:31 PM

biggrin.gif Thanks for the replies, it was me being dumb.
The zip was adding an extra folder, and that stopped it working. Worked it out and made correct folder nest in zip and voila evox, ftp and everything.
Next to setup font exploit
Great board, great help. Thanks to everyone

#65 tjc2k4

tjc2k4

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 01:00 AM

Bodman2 - To make the interact card work, you have to edit the xbreader.inf file.

Under [_Devices] add the following line
%S_DeviceDesc1%=_Install1, USBVID_05FD&PID_1316

This'll make it recognize your interact card and then you just follow the other steps.

Instead of splicing a controler, I soldered a USB cable to my mem card, but it ends with the same results... usually.

Currently, with my Interact memory card, the AR software will recognize my memory card, and I can copy files to and from it, but when I put the card into the X-Box, it doesn't show any saves, only says the blocks are used. Any ideas?

-- Update --

I think I messed the card up trying to attach the USB cable straight to it.. anyway, I returned the card for a new one and all works fine. I was able to transfer saved games to the card with AR software and from the card to the X-Box HDD no problem.

Edited by tjc2k4, 03 August 2003 - 02:38 AM.

#66 kramus

kramus

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 01:02 AM

I'm really not having much luck modding my Xbox at all. I can't get this homebrew cable to work, if it's not working after today i'll just waste more money and purchase a pre-made one. (i've already purchased a Mega-X Key to find that the flash card is broken and i've also purchased another 32mb flash card to find that it's not compatible.sad.gif )

I am able to solder all the wires, connect it to the PC etc. Except I get this error -

USB Device Not Recognized

One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not recognize it. For assistance in solving this problem, click this message.

I have only ever once been able to get it connected to the PC once and not have that error, but after about 20 seconds of it being plugged in and working the error popped up. Even when I point it to the drivers it won't work. I don't know what i'm doing wrong.

I'm using an official Xbox memory card.

#67 Capn

Capn

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 02:28 AM

Im using a usb flash drive as a memory card in my xbox via a usb>xbox adapter i made.

Is there a way I can get this to work with the action replay software. I tried plugging the drive to my pc but the Action Replay doesnt see it.

The drive is a 128meg generic drive and i have no issues using it as a memoery card in my xbox........

#68 Capn

Capn

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 02:32 AM

w00t for double post

tongue.gif

Edited by Capn, 04 August 2003 - 06:26 AM.

#69 vintage_guitar

vintage_guitar

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 August 2003 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE (kramus @ Aug 3 2003, 03:02 AM)
I'm really not having much luck modding my Xbox at all. I can't get this homebrew cable to work, if it's not working after today i'll just waste more money and purchase a pre-made one. (i've already purchased a Mega-X Key to find that the flash card is broken and i've also purchased another 32mb flash card to find that it's not compatible.sad.gif )

I am able to solder all the wires, connect it to the PC etc. Except I get this error -

USB Device Not Recognized

One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not recognize it. For assistance in solving this problem, click this message.

I have only ever once been able to get it connected to the PC once and not have that error, but after about 20 seconds of it being plugged in and working the error popped up. Even when I point it to the drivers it won't work. I don't know what i'm doing wrong.

I'm using an official Xbox memory card.

try a different USB cord. and make sure you have the ground to ground connected..

#70 vintage_guitar

vintage_guitar

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (Capn @ Aug 4 2003, 04:28 AM)
Im using a usb flash drive as a memory card in my xbox via a usb>xbox adapter i made.

Is there a way I can get this to work with the action replay software. I tried plugging the drive to my pc but the Action Replay doesnt see it.

The drive is a 128meg generic drive and i have no issues using it as a memoery card in my xbox........

download the mega-x key software from www.xbox-saves.com

#71 Capn

Capn

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE (vintage_guitar @ Aug 5 2003, 11:04 PM)
QUOTE (Capn @ Aug 4 2003, 04:28 AM)

download the mega-x key software from www.xbox-saves.com

wow i wish i woulda known earlier taht thexkey was just a usb flash drive...
i almost ordered one too... woulda pissed me offf when i got it to see all i had to do was download software tongue.gif

you got pm also quitar

Edited by Capn, 06 August 2003 - 12:13 AM.

#72 Capn

Capn

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 05:41 AM

Xkey doesnt work with flash drives over 32 megs so i had to buy a memory card today.. but on teh bright side all is working

w00t!

#73 vintage_guitar

vintage_guitar

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 10:21 AM

glad you got it working but can't you format the stick by popping it in the xbox and seeing the prompt to format? and trying the software after you format it?

Edited by vintage_guitar, 06 August 2003 - 10:22 AM.

#74 TreFacTor

TreFacTor

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 August 2003 - 07:02 PM

I could never get the action replay, to work on my comp. Now I know that it is just the software, because I still can't copy to it using the software and my new xbox to(usb) pc gamepad in either of my usb ports. tried the mega-x key software just for kicks and it won't install properly, because 2 files won't copy during installation. gonna try one last thing(another comp). everything went fine during installation of the xbox controller, but the software just won't allow me to copy a file to the memory card. "ERROR Writing SAVE".....any suggestions?

Edited by TreFacTor, 07 August 2003 - 07:03 PM.

#75 STEVEHABS

STEVEHABS

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 09:14 PM

O.K. one question if your lucky enough to not have any problems doing this u should be able to do the 007 exploit and font hack with pheonix loader without a mod chip right?? one more question if u do all this and have the evox dashboard and xecuter2 4977 bios will xbox live ban u or no?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users