Photo

Kotor - Freezing At Upgrade Table And Team Select.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 monkeybutler

monkeybutler

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 05:08 PM

Okay. I actually bought this so just calm down with the lectures.

i have a problem but dont know if the fact that i have a modchip is causing it. So if youre an expert and can help me then thanks.

Problem
- Freezes when i go to the "upgrade table" in my hideout and try to upgrade a weapon
- Freezes if i try to access the screen where you add people to your team

Note
-The freezing occurs from my HDD backup AND from the original retail dvd. So is it possible that my modded xbox may be the cause, or is it probably just a bad dvd (never had that problem before).

So im stuck wandering around all alone and fighting people since i cant add Carth to my team.

Edited by monkeybutler, 23 July 2003 - 05:33 AM.

#2 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 July 2003 - 05:12 PM

Have you attempted to set your clock? I'm not that far into the game, so I don't know what happens when you upgrade your weapon, but it's worth a try.

When you backed it up, you may have experienced a read error, so you can always try backing it up again. I'd recommend XBCopy/DVD2Xbox in this case as they're better diagnostically.

#3 PuddWakkr

PuddWakkr

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 July 2003 - 05:12 PM

Try disabling your modchip and playing the original. If it fucks up then, thenyou gotta bad DVD buddy. Return for a new one.

#4 Heet

Heet

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. Disk space.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 19 July 2003 - 05:39 PM

the key as Shanafan has said many times is the X2 4977 bios.

#5 Queamin17

Queamin17

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 06:39 PM

I'm having the same problem, it seems to freeze up while loading some parts. So far it's been where u have said, the upgrading table in the hide out and at the entrance to the Bek Hideout. I'm going to try to disable my modchip and see if it works. BTW, I'm running a Matrix modchip with evox 1.8.3572 and a 120 gig WD 5200rpm hdd. I have the original game and i have it backed up, neither are working correctly.

#6 monkeybutler

monkeybutler

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (Queamin17 @ Jul 19 2003, 07:39 PM)
I'm having the same problem, it seems to freeze up while loading some parts. So far it's been where u have said, the upgrading table in the hide out and at the entrance to the Bek Hideout. I'm going to try to disable my modchip and see if it works. BTW, I'm running a Matrix modchip with evox 1.8.3572 and a 120 gig WD 5200rpm hdd. I have the original game and i have it backed up, neither are working correctly.

Well, its nice to know im not alone. Anyway, i have pretty much the exact same setup. So please report back on whether or not it works if you disable the mod chip. My mod chip is a bit of a prick so if i dare disable it then its going to take a whole day to align it perfectly again.

Anyway, its annoying. on the team select menu then i can manage to get to the squares that arent directly touching carth. But if i move to the carth-adjacent squares then it locks me up so i cant pick him. and i cant go to the lower levels without him so im pretty much stuck.

#7 Queamin17

Queamin17

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 07:42 PM

Well I cant really disable my modchip to see if that would work. If i disable the modship, the hdd wont work. I forgot about that. Without the hdd the xbox wont boot up...so i guess I have to find a new bios to flash my Matrix chip with. If anyone can tell me the bios i need, that would be great. Thanks

#8 phil money

phil money

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (Queamin17 @ Jul 19 2003, 09:42 PM)
Well I cant really disable my modchip to see if that would work. If i disable the modship, the hdd wont work. I forgot about that. Without the hdd the xbox wont boot up...so i guess I have to find a new bios to flash my Matrix chip with. If anyone can tell me the bios i need, that would be great. Thanks

why don't you lock your hdd?

#9 evenlfo

evenlfo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 08:29 PM

i too bought this game
and had the same prob at the same location as you.

but when a restarted w/ a new character it worked fine.
maybe you try this first before changing your chip.

#10 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • 8,413 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (Heet @ Jul 19 2003, 02:39 PM)
the key as Shanafan has said many times is the X2 4977 bios.

I disagree. 4977 only adds Eject Fix to 4976.02.

#11 Pizza Pizz

Pizza Pizz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 09:50 PM

Don't suppose anyone wants to e-mail me a game save - or up it somewhere

got the game but not really played it much yet

various mods & tsop's all with 4976.2 btw

#12 monkeybutler

monkeybutler

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (evenlfo @ Jul 19 2003, 09:29 PM)
i too bought this game
and had the same prob at the same location as you.

but when a restarted w/ a new character it worked fine.
maybe you try this first before changing your chip.

Started a new character. New name and everything. Same freezing point in picking out my team. It just wont allow me to get to carth without locking me up...

#13 Heet

Heet

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. Disk space.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 19 July 2003 - 10:00 PM

Thats what i thought when Shanafan kept suggesting it, but i said shit i may as well just try it, i tried everything else. Worked on first boot up, and ive played for 2 days with no problem. I dont get it either dude but as long as it works, i dont care to speculate what the problems are anymore.

#14 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • 8,413 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (Heet @ Jul 19 2003, 07:00 PM)
Thats what i thought when Shanafan kept suggesting it, but i said shit i may as well just try it, i tried everything else. Worked on first boot up, and ive played for 2 days with no problem. I dont get it either dude but as long as it works, i dont care to speculate what the problems are anymore.

Well, because it can't hurt...I've been running 4977 since its release date and KOTOR works fine for me, too.

#15 Pizza Pizz

Pizza Pizz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 11:14 PM

well when i ran adr i found 3 patch locations ?????

but there's 4 xbe's

anyone enlighten me their search string they use to find and patch 4 locations ?????

pretty please

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users