2 replies to this topic

#1 AlucardXXVII

AlucardXXVII

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 10:20 PM

I've been browsing posts for a couple of hours, and I have to say that I am very intrigued by the XBOX hacking. I am going to go to get Agent Under Fire, a Memory Card, and the Action Replay in a little while.

However, before I undertake XBOX hacking, I want to clear some things up.

See, I'm a total noob when it comes to this XBOX hack stuff. I need some answers.

1. How do I find out what version my XBOX is?

2. What is the difference between Revolution X and evoX?

3. Is there a way to surf the Internet with the XBOX? Or do I have to FTP all my files over to the box?

4. I have no inkling whatsoever to play backups or rip XBOX games onto the HD, but I am really interested in arcade / console emulation. Is this pretty easy to do?

5. If I burn a CD-RW to use in the XBOX(or once again will I have to FTP to use files), will it work or do I need a chip? I thought XBOX used DVDs.

6. Is this XBOX linux console driven, menu driven, or is it like X Windows?

7. Where do i get skins? The XBOX skin site is down.

8. I have a few XBL games. Do I get banned from XBL from playing backups only or because I have hacked my XBOX? Once again, I am not interested in playing backups AT ALL, I just want to know if I can get banned with a REGULAR game and a hacked XBOX.

9. Finally, if how hard is it to switch between The MS dashboard and the hacked one, and vice versa?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!!!

I LOVE YOU ALL

#2 SlimDady

SlimDady

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 20 July 2003 - 12:13 AM

1. There are guides on here. If you open it up and you see a heatsync fan on the GPU then its a 1.0 1.1 and 1.2 hace no fan, you can also guess by the manufacture date, again they can be found on the furms or tutorials.
2. There is no revolution x. There is evolution x, evox is just a nick for it.
3. To surf the net you need linux installed.
4. Its just as easy on pc. you ftp the emulator to your xbox, and put the roms in the roms folder, just like pc
5. Depends if you decide to flash your tsop once you have run the hack then cdr will work.(i cant totally help here since all I have done is with a modchip)
6. Either one you want, you can run x-windows no problem, his is where you can browse the web, or run servers from
8. Basically, if you want to play live games you must have the original disc, and all mods must be disabled. You can get baned with a regular game and a hacked xbox. Modchips like xecuters come with a switch to disable the mod, basically it just loads your original bios, and you can then go and play live games withough any problems.
9. Well in evolution x, there is an option to take you back to the original dashboard.

#3 jaidsea

jaidsea

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 July 2003 - 01:05 AM

xbox version: http://www.xbox-scene.com/versions.php

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users