Last Chance To Order Cheapmods!
Posted 21 July 2003 - 06:12 AM
The old thread here was getting bulky and out of date. Please refer to it for reference purposes and as well as questions that may need immediate answering.
Chips are now pre-flashed with the Cromwell 1.26a Bios. Please don't ask me to make an exception and flash any other bios for you. You will be ignored. And oh yeah, I don't sell programmers. Sorry!!!
Take $1 off ea. for unassembled chips.
SST Blank chips
Tack on $4 for USPS Priority to all orders regardless of quantity. I prefer paypal and is a verified premier user with a substantial amount of feedbacks. I also have heatware reference here. Many more references can be found here at the older thread. http://forums.xbox-s...ST&f=12&t=32513
Installation diagram can be found here:
Paypal is preferred.
Paypal ID = email@example.com
PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ANY MENTIONING OF MODCHIPS IN YOUR PAYPAL TRANSACTION!!! PAYPAL HAS A POLICY AGAINST USING IT'S SERVICE TO SELL MODCHIPS. YOU CAN SIMPLY SAY CHIPS OR BE CREATIVE BUT DON'T MENTION MODCHIPS PLEASE!!!!
Posted 21 July 2003 - 06:16 AM
How to use OzXBios
Step 1 - Creating the Bios CD
- Ensure that the bios file you wish to use of an appropriate size for your modchip.
(eg. OzXChip and other cheapmods require a 256k bios file and Xecuter 2 Lite requires a 1Mb file.)
- Make a copy of the bios file you wish to use and rename this copy to BIOS.BIN
- Select a CD or DVD media compatible with your XBox's DVD-Rom.
- Burn the BIOS.BIN file onto a CD.
(For Nero select the following settings, No Multisession, ISO Level 1, Format Mode 1, ISO 9660, Deselect Joliet, Finalize CD, Disc-At-Once/96)
(For RecordNow MAX, make sure you select UDF 128 in the RECORDING OPTIONS under CD if you are using a CD-R/W or under DVD if you are using DVD-R/W.)
(You should add several megabytes of files to the CD to ensure it is read properly.)
Step 2 - Flashing with OzXBios (Cromwell)
- Turn your XBox console ON, when the DVD-Rom tray ejects please insert your BIOS.BIN CD and close the tray. During the flashing process the power LED will stay solid RED.
- When the flashing procedure is complete the XBox should shut down, if it does not do not turn off the console until the power LED is solid Orange.
- If your modchip is writeprotected or the programming fails you will be informed by error messages on screen as well as the power LED flashing Red and Green (FRAG).
IMPORTANT NOTE: All Consoles should have the cover installed when booting Cromwell to ensure air flow is maintained. Boot problems and video fragmentation have been identified when the console heats up if the cover is not fitted!
I have personally tested this on a v1.1 xbox w/ a Samsung drive using cheap CD-R media. If you run into any problems reflashing, it's probably the media you are using (assuming you got the chip to boot first).
Edited by Def, 21 July 2003 - 06:19 AM.
Posted 24 July 2003 - 04:15 AM
Posted 28 July 2003 - 05:40 PM
Edited by Heet, 28 July 2003 - 05:41 PM.
Posted 28 September 2003 - 12:31 AM
Any ideas? TIA!
Posted 28 September 2003 - 01:10 PM
|QUOTE (Elixo @ Sep 27 2003, 09:31 PM)|
| I ordered 3 cheapmods from you a while back, never had to install one until now. They were preflashed with the cromwell 1.2dev bios. All it does is eject the tray and says intiliasing ide controller and hangs, only once did it say ready but would still hang.|
Any ideas? TIA!
make a programmer
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users