2 replies to this topic

#1 Aesthetic

Aesthetic

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 04:32 AM

Okay so I scewed up my dvd drive pretty badly.. and now I need to buy a new one. but there is no way in all crap that i am going to spend 120 bucks on ebay for a frickin xbox samsung drive. I could easily just walk over to best buy and pick up an entire xbox for 129.99.

So back to the real question. Is the samsung SD-616T worth it? I know people claim it reads xbox games, but how good? I need something toxic, none of this weak thompson crap. I've found the 616T for like 40 bucks. Which definetly seems a little more reasonable. Also, what about the new model of the 616T? what is it, like the 616F? anyways, will that do the same job the 616T would? For those of you with experience, please enlighten me with your wisdom.

Bottom line: What is the best solution? 616T? 616F? or new xbox?

#2 Lbtg44

Lbtg44

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 04:50 AM

first of all, the *new* 616t, is 816t... different models entirely(unless your talking about new, meaning the appearance of the front of the drive)

and yes the 616t is worth it... it reads faster than the samsung xdrive and its a hell of a lot cheaper

#3 Aesthetic

Aesthetic

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 09:56 PM

so what about the 816 then? will that read xbox games? if so, how dependable is it with those games?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users