1 reply to this topic

#1 kard63

kard63

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 22 July 2003 - 02:50 PM

I have a Dell Poweredge 600sc. IT has a 2.4GHZ P4, I don't know the cahche or bus, but I believe the bus is 533mhz.

Here goes:

Can I just replace the mobo inside my server ? I sold the HD to my server but rather than sell the rest of it for shit, just to end up buying a low end PC with a much crappier processor and lose a few $$$ in the process wouldn't it make more sense for me to just buy a new MOBO ?

PROBLEMS
1. the Power supply says its combine max output, or some shit, is 170 W is that for real? I would have to spend $35 replacing it I guess.

2. the back of my 2.4 GHZ p4 is covered in nut so I don't know its cache or bus (533 ?)

3. Will a new mobo fit in this ATX case ?

4. I could sell the ram easily but a mobo to a poweredge 600sc ? That would probably be a sunk cost.

It might be easier to buy the cheapest CPU that will work in this thing and sell it as a working unit on Ebay? Then ake my CPU and get a mobo, power supply, and new ATX case (with a shit load of bays).

Ideas? What CPU's might work in here? remember I don't have a HD so don't ask me to turn it on.

#2 kard63

kard63

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 22 July 2003 - 04:44 PM

bump

Hello ? No one has any brain cells ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users