bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,995 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 28 March 2004 - 12:11 PM

I would like to see a hacked bios that would patch an original kernel in memory and would hide the F: & G: partition when selecting xbox live in MS-Dashboard.

If possible you could TSOP flash a box with a stealth bios and still be able to go on live....

Sorry if this has been posted before.

EDIT: I really doubt it's possible but a nice idea though....

Why would you want to go an Xbox Live with a modified bios.

To much work and involves a lot of EEPROMS being band, not really worth it.

With chips like the Smartxx coming out do you really need to worry about the TSOP when you can have 4MB bios space.

Gee the current X2 bios with the no network for xbox live is very cool and I think we should leave it as that.

#257 ViRAL

ViRAL

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 10:01 PM

i really want harddisk partitioning hacks. after the lba48 g drive stuff i'm sure this is possible as well.
i have an 80 gig, and i want to do a native gentoox linux installation. but i only want it to take about 20gig of the f: drive. so is it possible to make f: stop at 20gig and put rest of space into g:?????
also someone told me that if you hacked cormwell to make that partition setup work, as soon as i booted the x2 bios it would repartition and wreck linux. but couldn't u just hack x2 bios as well? btw i have a xenium, so i use cromwell and x2 bioses, would that mean they both have to be hacked??
thanks

#258 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,995 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 09 April 2004 - 09:55 PM

Wouldn't repartitioning system drives break game compatiblity, i think thats the whole idea of this.

#259 heinrich

heinrich

..assuming the role of God

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,576 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 April 2004 - 11:14 PM

games do not use F / G.

#260 Master-Chief

Master-Chief

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 10 April 2004 - 01:25 AM

Wouldn't it be possible to make like a "clone" MS BIOS except that lets you play backups...

This way you could play backups on Live! laugh.gif

No.. dry.gif

#261 derived

derived

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (pazznoz @ Mar 20 2004, 04:41 PM)
I would like to see a hacked bios that would patch an original kernel in memory and would hide the F: & G: partition when selecting xbox live in MS-Dashboard.

Here's a similar idea thats easier to do;

Xbox-Live hack:
Whenever an XBE is real (that is, original game or dashboard), then run some code that
i) Instructs the modchip to disable itself, maybe like the matrix did with the matrix TSOP flash BIOS. <-- hard, needs compatible chip
ii) Patches the kernel to the original <-- hard w/lots and lots of bans
iii) Runs the legit. XBE.

Not exactly easy but it wouldn't surprise me if some modchip designers came up with something like this for their chip.

#262 gasclown

gasclown

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 June 2004 - 08:57 PM

How about a bios that has an option to IGR and eject - would be handy for dvd videos. A key combo like regular IGR but a different key combo resets and ejects - same bios two IGRs

#263 ejx982

ejx982

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 03:32 AM

I was wondering if it would be possible to disable game HD caching through the BIOS. It wouldn't surprise me if this is game specfic, but it would be nice since I run all my games off HD to 'disable" caching since they all run on the HD anyways.

ejx982

#264 Arakon

Arakon

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 07:50 AM

won't work since a) it's game specific and cool.gif some games actually extract/decrypt game content on the cache partitions, i.e. Halo levels.

#265 sulfur

sulfur

Super Xbox Saiyan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 02:34 PM

i'm still waiting on IGR on REMOTE.

#266 proxynet

proxynet

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 09:49 AM

It could be wonderfull, if ther is a hdd through lan support :
you could launch directly xbe on your xbox , that are stored onto your computer ;-)

Sucse for the bad english !!! biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

#267 trotos

trotos

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 18 June 2004 - 02:09 PM

Hello...

well i do not know if this already been posted as a suggestion, or if there is a bios that can do it, but i would like to have a bios that would give the option to sellect what to boot...
If you have evox or avalanch or nexgen das, in the c: directory to have the option from the bios to load the one you want, smthing like a boot manager...

actualy i would like to see a boot manager dry.gif

#268 angelfly

angelfly

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:too many too list
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 June 2004 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (trotos @ Jun 18 2004, 03:09 PM)
Hello...

well i do not know if this already been posted as a suggestion, or if there is a bios that can do it, but i would like to have a bios that would give the option to sellect what to boot...
If you have evox or avalanch or nexgen das, in the c: directory to have the option from the bios to load the one you want, smthing like a boot manager...

actualy i would like to see a boot manager dry.gif

there is one it's called xselect

#269 antiflag1980

antiflag1980

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE (heinrich @ Mar 17 2004, 06:09 AM)
Cromwell != xbox kernel
Just cause cromwell can doesnt mean it should be so simple for an xbox kernel to do the same. And who said that no one is working on it?

Yeah, I really wish this was a reality, I could do without my dvd drive, I'd love to replace it with another harddisk formatted just like any other xbox hardrive but maybe mapped to the drive letters that the memory cards would map to, like H I J and so forth. But right now even cromwell supporting it isn't very useful, you can get gentoox and Xebian to boot up with the dvd drive missing, but I've tried to boot Gentoox with two harddrives attached and it's a no go "kernel panic" I've tried booting from an X2 bios using xromwell and booting straight from cromwell, I've tried having the hardrive formatted for xbox and I've tried having it formatted with ext3, neither one would work. I think 2nd hd support would be the best bios mod yet, Im sure it's possible somehow, just probably never gonna happen, not to mention all of our apps would have to support it, I think. Maybe not if the new partitions were mapped to the memory card port letters.

#270 oNee

oNee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 05:11 AM

There should be a new IGR that resets the xbox, then opens the drive right away for about 4 seconds, then closes the dvd drive automatically so users using the DVD could use IGR. There could be 2 IGRs, one for hdd users (the current IGR) and the new IGR for DVD (this new one).

Or something else that just boots straight to the dashboard so it'd fix this problem for DVD Drive users

oya, sorry if this has been brought up already sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users