#31 muerte

muerte

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 13 August 2003 - 02:11 AM

seriously though, why haven't they added this into x2 bios (making it 512 instead of 256 if it's too big)?

#32 feflicker

feflicker

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 August 2003 - 02:13 AM

Is it so hard to do a IGR and then select shutdown from the dashboard you are using ?

Actually, YES! I use the MS$ Dash. I haven't ever seen a "Shutdown" option wink.gif
I only use other dashes off of disc, when I need them. (My preference)

#33 heinrich

heinrich

..assuming the role of God

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,576 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 09:12 AM

As for the shutdown option, if you are running the game off a disc, IGR will not bring you back to the dash, it will simply restart the game.

One feature that i would love to see, is being able to boot an xbe from a memory card. Slap your dash on a card, no worries about xbox live checking the hard drive. Would also be nice for those who have trouble getting evox installed due to crappy dvd drives. They could get a friend with a modded xbox to load evox on a card for them.

#34 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 09:23 AM

QUOTE (heinrich @ Aug 14 2003, 06:12 AM)
One feature that i would love to see, is being able to boot an xbe from a memory card. Slap your dash on a card, no worries about xbox live checking the hard drive. Would also be nice for those who have trouble getting evox installed due to crappy dvd drives. They could get a friend with a modded xbox to load evox on a card for them.

Or those who have an X-key device would be one step closer to getting EvoX to boot if none of their CD-RWs and CD-Rs will boot in their Thomson. ::shrug::

#35 Heet

Heet

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. Disk space.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 15 August 2003 - 02:50 PM

wish there was a way to do IGR with remote.

#36 damatrixz

damatrixz

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 15 August 2003 - 03:13 PM

possibly make an original ms bios, so if we accidently select live it doesnt ban, but contains the features of a modified bios, dont no if possible, just suggesting as the forum suggests, btw, i have evox on my box booting from hdd, and my cousin has a box with the same xec2 lit chip, y3t his igr doesnt work, but mine does, he boots nexgen from cd, but i put evox on to test and no working, y does it work on mine and not on his, exact same chip, diff hdds, same bios y

#37 heinrich

heinrich

• Head Moderators
  • 5,576 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (damatrixz @ Aug 15 2003, 05:13 PM)
possibly make an original ms bios, so if we accidently select live it doesnt ban, but contains the features of a modified bios, dont no if possible, just suggesting as the forum suggests, btw, i have evox on my box booting from hdd, and my cousin has a box with the same xec2 lit chip, y3t his igr doesnt work, but mine does, he boots nexgen from cd, but i put evox on to test and no working, y does it work on mine and not on his, exact same chip, diff hdds, same bios y

I dont think it would be possible, or in the interest of the bois makers to make a bios that lets you get on live. As for your IGR questions, i would start a new thread and ask, and keep this one on topic.

#38 heinrich

heinrich

• Head Moderators
  • 5,576 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 11:19 PM

Another feature, that I would think would be easy to implement is EJECT_FIX_DISABLE similiar to the IGR disable file that you can use with x2 bios. This would be ideal for matrix users that use mode 3, they can still use the latest and greatest bios without the problem of not being able to use mode3. Right now, its not required, as they can just use 4976.02, but would be something to look into for future versions.

#39 feflicker

feflicker

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 11:59 PM

How about IGR Disable.

Have it so that if you hold down a certain button while powering the unit on it will disable the IGR feature in the bios. (Much better than creating/deleting a file on e: all the time...)

#40 Large Dopant white

Large Dopant white

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 August 2003 - 12:28 AM

A built-in cheat system (i.e. the ability to stop a game, search for a cheat, start it up- repeat until value is found) would be awesome; it'd be like the GS Pro on the PSX. Implementation of another FS (such as NTFS or, even, an actual BIOS implementation of FATX-2) would be cool; no more worrying about filename lengths. I understand Avalaunch solves this problem already, but it's kind of just a hack; it's not a real FS, in its own right.

#41 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 05:48 PM

Since the BIOS settings can't be easily changed when the BIOS is on the mod chip, it would be nice if there could be an optional XML file that could be placed on a specific partition. For example, the BIOS could have all its default features, but it could also check the XML to modify these features. E.g.:
CODE
<x2_settings>
 <igr>off</igr>
 <ejectfix>on</ejectfix>
</x2_settings>

#42 heinrich

heinrich

• Head Moderators
  • 5,576 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 06:39 PM

Now that we have ftpd in the bios, it would be nice to see SITE commands to format the hard drive smile.gif

#43 warbeast

warbeast

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 12:54 AM

ok ive got one! how about a bios that will let you fix a 100% bad tsop? the matrix tsop bios only lets you fix your tsop if you still have a working 256k left.

#44 XenoFire

XenoFire

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 12:57 AM

It's been mentioned before but I would kill for keyboard and mouse support. Not sure how possible it is though.

#45 feflicker

feflicker

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 03:47 AM

Have it so that if you hold down a certain button while powering the unit on it will disable the IGR feature

Well, we know it is possible to detect a button press during bootup (with the release of x24978).

Since the BIOS settings can't be easily changed when the BIOS is on the mod chip, it would be nice if there could be an optional XML file that could be placed on a specific partition

That is a good idea as well, but I think they can change the bios once it is on the chip, at least that is how it seems now that x24978 has been released with an xbe embedded in it.

That reminds me, why not embed shutdown.xbe so we can shutdown from the controller now without a hardware mod tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users