• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mjbe2000

mjbe2000

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 October 2002 - 08:31 PM

i got this from another forum and tried it and i can say it works like a champ so all of you ppl out there trying to fix for failed flash try this im sure 50% of you will be very pleased.

[QUOTE]I got an idea to fix an xbox that PROBABLY died because someone booted it with enigmah and tried to flash w/o cutting the wires.

I was thinking, as there is 4 images on the tsop, maybe one of them was actually OK if the flashing tried to write the entire TSOP and only got one part corrupted by the Enigmah chip.

So I used the info from the "multi-bios" and tried to ground A18, A19 and A18+A19 to see if any of the images was still OK.

#2 Billybob23

Billybob23

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 October 2002 - 02:33 AM

hey sorry where is the infor to try this please , is there a tut or something, what board did you see this on and is it possible to just paste it here

thanks

#3 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 13 October 2002 - 06:06 AM

EEEK!

Noobie, grounding & datalines make for some ruined Xboxes.

Only attempt this if you are experienced!

An LPC mod is safer and will restore your sanity.

The leads on the TSOP are VERY tiny.

---

BTW: This idea doesn't quite make sense, as the TSOP flash proceedure requires a 1 meg image, effectively nuking ALL of the existing images on the TSOP.

In other words, this MAY work if the flash FROZE before hitting the second or third image on the TSOP. Otherwise you are SOL.

#4 bagel5009

bagel5009

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Interests:BANNED
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 13 October 2002 - 06:54 AM

true..... smile.gif

#5 mjbe2000

mjbe2000

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 October 2002 - 10:19 AM

You guys can simply say this does not work BUT simple i say it did work for me 3 out of four times on my personal xbox that i myself messed up the flash stopped 1/2 way through the reflash and when i restarted i got the red light of death so when i read this post i tried it grounding spot 19 for my only made my machice boot right up and i am able to play all my games as well as copies again. hope this helps other because not everyone has money to keep blowing on these new mods atleast try it what do you have to loose. have a Great day everyone.

#6 mjbe2000

mjbe2000

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 October 2002 - 10:21 AM

http://www.xenatera..../rompinouts.jpg

the linbk to the places you Ground.

#7 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 13 October 2002 - 11:00 AM

As I said, this will ONLY work if the flash FROZE during the burn of the early part of the TSOP.

If it completes, or moves past it, you are SOL as all the code will be gone, including the upper bios areas you are trying to fool the Xbox into reading.

So this will only apply where this is the case.

Howeverl at least you can ground the points on the back instead of on the TSOP itself!

Hmm... if anyone does do this, it may well pay to put a switch on it as well, then boot up with the Enigmah enabled (it should work now) and reflash the TSOP properly to fix the original bad burn.

It is an "interesting" fix, when it can be used.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users