4 replies to this topic

#1 scotty6004

scotty6004

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 09:56 AM

Hey I was just curious if any of you have had a expensive item damaged when being shipped and had to file a claim. My item is a computer and it was insured for $2500. The metals on the back by the pci slots are bent where I cant really securely plug in anything to my sound card and well the computer doesnt work at all. I think maybe the motherboard was damaged. Also 2 screws were not attached when I took the pc out of the box. You would have to really bang something around to get screws to unscrew right..

Anyway Im just wondering if anyoen has had experiences with dealing with airborne that Im about to do. Will they just refund the entire insurance amount and do they take the computer or do I keep the damaged goods?

#2 GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 01:48 PM

Not Airborne, but my computer got a damaged Sony flat screen damaged on arrival (1 out of about 12). They cut us a check, but be prepared to wait. Insurance claims (any of them) take weeks, sometimes a couple of months to fill. It's bullshit... total bullshit, as you're out of the money, but the way it goes. Just one more thing fucked up w/ the world.

#3 trob

trob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 02:03 PM

I have a friend that does shipping all day. He has told me that "he would not trust Airborne to ship a rock." I think Ace Ventura handles every package.

#4 Predalex

Predalex

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Interests:ANIME, Videogames, naked gurls and Motorcycles.

Posted 24 July 2003 - 04:22 PM

No shipping provider can be trusted. My brother used to work for UPS and told me many a horror stories. Stories that would make the average internet shopper cry.

Also my co-worker is still waiting for his claim from Fedex, he has been waiting two months now and makes an anual call every monday to yell at someone on why dat shit is taking too fucking long. He had to fax them some shit showing the value of the lost pakage 3 times now.

#5 trob

trob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 01:42 AM

Just FYI, I think UPS covers $200 insurance on all packages. You can pay for more if you want. I dont know anything about filing claims or how difficult it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users