• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mojo6911

mojo6911

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 05:03 PM

Well, this isn't a totally unique idea, however, I have yet to see this mod properly done.

My goals:

-Gut the Xbox out completely, using only bare internals.
-Use the least amount of black plastic from the xbox.
-Use a 100-200w PC power supply to power green cathode tubes and green case fans.
-Make it as small or smaller than the stock xbox case.

The one acrylic mod I did see, it looked like they just made a housing for the xbox and stuck it in there. I want to gut the xbox completely and use least amount of the stock black plastic as possible. I will cut a custom face for the DVD drive. I have seen a good template on here for cutting your own "X" to go on the top, so basically I will have 1 layer of plexi on top, then glue or bolt a plexi-X on top. I will use a hinge for the top layer only(and put it in the back) for easy access. I will cut my own controller port holes.

Here are the parts I plan on using

XBOX from WalMart
Xecuter 2.2 Lite
120gb HD
2 or 4 Green Cold Cathode Tubes
2 Green Case fans for the front, 1 on top, 2 in back
About 3-4 pieces of 16x20 Plexiglass off ebay(This should be WAY too much, but its good so I have room for error.)
Special Drill Bit for Plexi
Special Saw Blade for Plexi
L connectors
100-200w PC PSU
PSU Combiner(I saw a link to this somewhere on the forums)

What do you think? Can you link to any guides to gutting an xbox and transferring it to a PC case?

Im open to all critizism/praize. Its best to have perspective from more than 1 person, so be as evil as possible. muhaha.gif

Unfortunately, I won't be able to come up with the funds for this project for another month.

#2 xboxhacker1990

xboxhacker1990

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 July 2003 - 06:08 PM

Here is a tut on the main site that looks good cool.gif

#3 mojo6911

mojo6911

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 06:15 PM

Yeah, Ive seen that, but with only 1 picture, it doesn't help me because im more of a visual learner. Thanks for the help though.

#4 mojo6911

mojo6911

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 04:00 AM

^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users