#1 _HaLeN_

_HaLeN_

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 09:22 AM

After i hotswapp my Xbox hdd and rusn xLinux, whats the code for:
1. Entering teh Xbox
2. From there, move Xbox.xtf and Xbox Book.xtf from c: (or mainfolder or wahetever) in xbox to c:fonts in Xbox?

I would be very grateful of someone gave me teh code, becasue im total rook with Linux.

#2 crazyfoo

crazyfoo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 10:39 AM

1. mkdir /xbox
mount /dev/hdc51 /xbox (if you have the xbox hard disk on ide2 and theres a hd on ide1)
cd xbox

2. Where do u intend on putting the fonts u wanna copy?

#3 Nitroxeno

Nitroxeno

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 10:42 AM

heh im a newb to so sorry if im stupid and is missing somthing .... but if your doing a hot swap then u can just go and put the font files while you are hot swaping and then just put linux on to if thats what u want to do.. i dont see how you can run linux anyway doing the hot swap method without puting the font files in the fonts directory anyway. As for code im guessing you mean linux commands but ur not going to need any to get the fonts files just do it while u hot swap. Anyway good luck!

#4 _HaLeN_

_HaLeN_

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 11:39 AM

Ok, just one more thing and Evox will run fine for me. In the fonts folder the old font files renamed to Xbox.old and Xbox Book.old are still there. How do i remove them?

#5 EnigmusSnake

EnigmusSnake

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 01:39 PM

HOLD UP.

Why in the world do you need to delete your old backup font files for? If anything they are important to have just in case you run into the rebooting problem and trust me YOU WILL. Don't be hard headed and think you won't get this problem just because you think reloaded or bigfontz will prevent it but in some cases they don't work so I suggest you to not delete those files whatsoever.

Other than that to delete files on your xbox you should be able to FTP into your xbox since you have evox up and running.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users