#1 tupac

tupac

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 25 July 2003 - 07:29 PM

sorry, wrong forum...but this is where everyone goes and its just a quick question........so, i had a bunch of lightning storms resently and after days of phone support that accomplished nothing, i figured out that both my old pc NIC and xbox NIC got fried. i just replaced my PCs NIC and a bought two surge protectors, and the internet works.....but im fucked with my xbox cuz i cant ftp anymore and i dont wanna have to burn everything to cdrws whenever i wanna add something to my 120G drive.....any help is appreciated smile.gif

-iAmTuPaC

#2 survivorejam

survivorejam

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 07:35 PM

People sell them online at eBay , or otherwise contact your local pro moder : they are always slavaging them off dead xbox's ...

Cheers ! beerchug.gif

#3 tupac

tupac

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 07:38 PM

u sure? i thought the xbox NIC was onboard? do i need a new motherboard or is there a way to just replace the ethernet port?

#4 tupac

tupac

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 07:44 PM

also, if i cant fix this cuz i really dont wanna get another mobo when this one is already modded and theyre specific to the hdd which is almost filled anyway, is there aniother way to transfer data at high speeds from pc to xbox? usb maybe??????????

#5 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 July 2003 - 07:59 PM

The NIC is onboard last time I checked and I don't see how you could possibly hook it up with USB since your NIC is fried (how in the hell are you going to get data coming or going when your once source for doing that is fried)? You might want to simply sell of your XBOX (list that it has a fried NIC) and use the money to buy a new XBOX and mod it.

#6 tupac

tupac

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (jesterrace777 @ Jul 25 2003, 08:59 PM)
The NIC is onboard last time I checked and I don't see how you could possibly hook it up with USB since your NIC is fried (how in the hell are you going to get data coming or going when your once source for doing that is fried)? You might want to simply sell of your XBOX (list that it has a fried NIC) and use the money to buy a new XBOX and mod it.

my nic is fried not my controller ports, so i could still use a usb port and possibly hook up a usb ethernet adapter?

#7 laxb0y1o

laxb0y1o

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Interests:jaguarsin2001<br>Perplexer<br>skierdb526 <br>Xeero<br>akillamuthafucca<br>frop<br>thefatness<br>
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 25 July 2003 - 11:40 PM

u can desolder it and possibly replace it...I tried to put a 1gig port init but it didn't reconize it so i just soldered the old nic back on and it works fine

#8 tupac

tupac

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 12:44 AM

really? i can desolder it if u give me some hints...i dont see where to desolder it do i have to desolder from underneath the mobo????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users