4 replies to this topic

#1 DOOBIOUS

DOOBIOUS

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 04:54 AM

I have an Xecutor 2.0 lite plus chip. I'm replacing the mobo in my Xbox and installing the chip from the old mobo to the new one. When the chip is not installed, the xbox starts up fine and goes to the reg. dashboard. When I install the chip by lining up the pogo to the D0. Sometimes it starts up normally and sometimes the Xbox tries to start up three times, then the lights go flashing colors. I know I'm not getting a connection when it starts up normally, but what's goin on when I get this flashing deal. Does it mean that I'm getting a connection and the chip has gone bad. Or am I getting real close to having a connection and it's just off a little. Can someone give me some insight to what's happening.

#2 Jerbal

Jerbal

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:Gaming/Programing/Computers

Posted 26 July 2003 - 04:57 AM

Although I don't have a mod chip, I had the same thing happen when I was testing out points on my hard drive. The flashing 3 times and turning off is when theres a hard ware problem, such as the entire IDE cable isn't connected. Its a protection measure. So I think you could have

1) incorrect allignment
2) not in far enough
3) a cable that isn't in, and sometimes makes a good enough connection (ide, power, daughter board, ect)

I've herd this problem before, but I've never read an answer...

#3 DOOBIOUS

DOOBIOUS

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 05:06 AM

Well, I checked the cables and everything and it seems fine. When I try to realign the chip in another position, the xbox would start up fine. Wouldn't my xbox start flashing even if I didn't have a modchip installed. So it's leading me to believe that it's not a hardware problem. Oh yeah, when the xbox tries to start up three times and then start flashing? It doesn't turn off, it just keeps flashing

#4 Jerbal

Jerbal

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:Gaming/Programing/Computers

Posted 26 July 2003 - 05:15 AM

That is what I ment, I kept trying to turn it off when it did that, so I didn't think about it when you said it. Is there an error code on the screen, I never checked? And if your Xbox starts up normally with out the chip, then the chip has to be the problem. And moving it makes it work... its in a wrong position, grounding it self, or not secured enough.

#5 DOOBIOUS

DOOBIOUS

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 05:21 AM

As a matter of fact, nothing comes up on the screen. It's just black. I would hate to buy another chip when it's just a point of positioning. It's just that I've never had this problem installing this chip before and I've done it many times before. Let me get this straight first off, My chip isn't fried right? It's just in the wrong place

Edited by DOOBIOUS, 26 July 2003 - 05:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users