3 replies to this topic

#1 barbourshop

barbourshop

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 08:34 AM

K here's the deal... I am getting my XBOX modded soon pretty much exclusively to play all those awesome arcade and console roms. I have some very noobish questions to ask. I understand Kawaks is great and I have already downloaded and started building my collection of those. But what is the best emulator for playing non-capcom arcade titles. I know MAME is good for really old school hits but what about newer (relatively newer) titles like NBA Jam, TMNT, Mortal Kombat etc... can MAME handle these well an if so which version of MAME should I get to play these. Can someone also point me in a good direction (faq) that basicaly describes how to put these emulators on the XBOX for play with an X-Lite 2. Thanks for the help.

#2 chilin_dude

chilin_dude

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,945 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 July 2003 - 09:28 AM

QUOTE (barbourshop @ Jul 28 2003, 10:34 AM)
K here's the deal... I am getting my XBOX modded soon pretty much exclusively to play all those awesome arcade and console roms. I have some very noobish questions to ask. I understand Kawaks is great and I have already downloaded and started building my collection of those. But what is the best emulator for playing non-capcom arcade titles. I know MAME is good for really old school hits but what about newer (relatively newer) titles like NBA Jam, TMNT, Mortal Kombat etc... can MAME handle these well an if so which version of MAME should I get to play these. Can someone also point me in a good direction (faq) that basicaly describes how to put these emulators on the XBOX for play with an X-Lite 2. Thanks for the help.

MameOX is the best MAME emulator there is...its better than Mame!
It is unlikely it will be able to run the recent roms as they are probably bigger than 55mb....If a rom is bigger than 55mb then it won't run as the xbox has 64mb of ram and the game is loaded into the ram. However soon this wont make a difference as Kawaks is the first emu to implement VIRTUAL MEMORY. So expect BIG updates soon.

TO get them on your xbox first install Evo-x (or MXM if you have brains biggrin.gif ) Then FTP the Emu's folder over to E:\Emulators then make sute evox.ini has Autoadd E:\Emulators!

#3 barbourshop

barbourshop

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 09:47 AM

Thanks man, I'm pretty sure most the games I've been playing on MAME 32 on my PC aren't that new so they're under 50 megs. So can I just transfer these same games (they're in folders) to the rom directory in MAME OX? Can any game that would usually run under MAME 32 and is under 50 megs run on OX? And also what part of the ini file will I be looking for to verify e:Emulators will work. Do I just copy the files to e:EmulatorsMAME and then for example e:EmulatorsKawaks? Would that make them appear on the menu for evox? Thanks a lot very appreciated.

Edited by barbourshop, 28 July 2003 - 09:54 AM.

#4 bigga

bigga

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 28 July 2003 - 10:15 AM

need to be zipped files for MAME-X and also for Kawa-X, not too sure about MAMEoX sorry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users