#1 eduwardo

eduwardo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 05:05 PM

hey,

okay, I bought the mod chip and they installed it for me, I knew i had to flash the bios, so i asked them if they flashed it already
and the guy said "its been modified" so i was like.. "okay.." I went home and stuck in my evox game disk to see if it worked..it did..yeppi! okay..then i go into the settings on evox and I looked at the Bio Version and it said "unknown". I want to flash it myself, through evox, I dont kno if this is the right way to do it, also when I click on "flash Bios" in evox, it shows

EvoX D.6
Evox D.6 Eject fix

okay,that brings me to something elese, I found the eject and load xbe files on a server, so i added them to the menu of evox, when I click on Eject Tray, xbox restarts, do I need to use the

EvoX D.6 EjectFix?

If im going to flash the bios I want to make the eject button orange by defult, any ideas on how to do that?
I know this is alot, but please help me!!

thanx

P.S. the only way of flashing my bios is through evox, i dont have the cable that goes into the printer port, and i have an X2 pro

l8t3r cool.gif

thanks again

#2 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 July 2003 - 05:08 PM

EvoX D.6 will fix the resetting issue, and you can modify the BIOS to use an orange LED using XBtool....BUT, to be quite honest, if you're going to reflash your BIOS, you may as well do it right by using the latest X2 BIOS, 4977. It's a much better BIOS with more features.

#3 eduwardo

eduwardo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 05:10 PM

but when i click that Evox D.6 EjectFix, is my xbox going to be screwed up?

and what features will i get with the new bios?

#4 diablo996

diablo996

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 July 2003 - 07:21 PM

No it will just install the evox3.6 bios on your chip. You need to get the new bios, make it 1meg, then put it in your bios folder and point to it from within your evox.ini file. 4977 has all the media flag checks fixed, plus the no reset on eject trick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users