6 replies to this topic

#1 T///Mac

T///Mac

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 October 2002 - 08:05 PM

If I'm only planning to backup games on HDD and boot them up from there, what would be the advantage of waiting for a Matrix chip to be in stock vs. buying an Xecutor now? (aside from it being a no solder) From what I understand I only need a chip that supports evox and a larger hard drive and I'm good to go. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

P.S.
is it really that important to have a flashable chip? sorry if I'm rambling here, I'm just trying to decide if I should wait for Matrix or the new Xecutors to be available or just buy what's available now and get on with it.

#2 WiKKiD

WiKKiD

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 15 October 2002 - 08:09 PM

If you don't care about soldering, and don't desire the ability to flash, you have no reason to wait for matrix...

#3 kkattfish

kkattfish

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 October 2002 - 08:09 PM

if all you want to do is run the evox dashboard and play games from the hd, then an xecutor will be fine for you, that chip also allows you to upgrade your hd, however if you ever want to be able to upgrade your bios on the chip, then you will want to wait for the matrix/xodus or something else. hope that helps.

#4 T///Mac

T///Mac

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 October 2002 - 03:31 AM

Thanks for the replies. Two more questions: If original games can be backed up into the HD through evox (among other utilities) and be played straight off the HD, why is there a need for scene releases? Are there games that can't be backed up this way or are those releases just so you can burn them into discs? OK, looks like it's 3 questions hehe. What is the most remote chance of needing to flash the chip so far? Do the upcoming "big" games like splinter cell, UC, ghost recon, halo 2 look like they are not going to be compatible with the current utilities? Thanks again in advance for any input.

#5 bagel5009

bagel5009

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Interests:BANNED
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 17 October 2002 - 03:55 AM

blink.gif

#6 LiquidZero

LiquidZero

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 17 October 2002 - 04:02 AM

QUOTE (T///Mac @ Oct 17 2002, 02:31 AM)
Thanks for the replies. Two more questions: If original games can be backed up into the HD through evox (among other utilities) and be played straight off the HD, why is there a need for scene releases? Are there games that can't be backed up this way or are those releases just so you can burn them into discs? OK, looks like it's 3 questions hehe. What is the most remote chance of needing to flash the chip so far? Do the upcoming "big" games like splinter cell, UC, ghost recon, halo 2 look like they are not going to be compatible with the current utilities? Thanks again in advance for any input.

1. Scene releases are for people who can't or don't want to go rent the game or whatever. Also, for games that are not available in your home territory (i.e. European games, Japanese Games).

2. See above.

3. Clarify question, please.

4. It's too far to tell for Halo 2, but early reports say that Splinter Cell demo works, UC is said to work. I haven't heard anything on Ghost Recon yet though.

#7 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 17 October 2002 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (T///Mac @ Oct 17 2002, 02:31 AM)

Remember "back up to hard drive" = install bigger hard drive FIRST!

The Xbox has no space for entire games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users