LiquidCell

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts
  • Interests:Hah!
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 29 July 2003 - 11:59 PM

Ok, from the past 5 Xecuter2.1/2.2 Pro mod chips I have installed. I ALWAYS (this is 99% ALWAYS) get the no audio/video but the xbox doesn't frag (after installing and reassembly). What I hav noticed is that if you turn the XBOX off, and knock the xbox around a bit THEN turn it on it mainly always has the FLASHBios file come up, and after I flash the chip, it doesn't seem to have that problem at all after updating it.

I know my installs are fine, because I have done 5-10 in a row and they have ALL done the same thing, but a couple Xecuter2.2 Lite's I have installed have never given me this problem. Has ANYONE ran into this problem with the Xecuter2.1/2.2 Pro Mod Chips?

Oh, just to add, a person got a mod install by some other person and came to em w/ the same problem, and the installer told them they didn't flash the mod properly, low and behold it had the same problem as when I install them.

#2 lookformeb

lookformeb

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 July 2003 - 03:05 AM

What I hav noticed is that if you turn the XBOX off, and knock the xbox around a bit THEN turn it on it mainly always has the FLASHBios file come up, and after I flash the chip, it doesn't seem to have that problem at all after updating it.

please, anyone reading this, dont knock the box around. disaster waiting to happen. would you intentionally knock your computer up to get a program to load right? HELL NO! the fact that you turned it off, makes the difference. the key here is to turn it off and on until you get it. somtimes for me, rebooting with the chip on and then with it off helps. or even turning it on with the eject button (with the modchip on) after it running without the chip on. don't know your box around... dry.gif

#3 nix2k

nix2k

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 08:28 AM

My old 486 had problems booting windows, I used to kick the front of the box, and it would proceed to finish booting. Yea, it would stop for 15-20 minutes (just loading), as soon as I kicked it, it worked..

So yes, personally, I would kick my computer if a program wouldnt run tongue.gif

#4 Scan-C

Scan-C

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 30 July 2003 - 09:02 AM

QUOTE (nix2k @ Jul 30 2003, 10:28 AM)
My old 486 had problems booting windows, I used to kick the front of the box, and it would proceed to finish booting. Yea, it would stop for 15-20 minutes (just loading), as soon as I kicked it, it worked..

So yes, personally, I would kick my computer if a program wouldnt run tongue.gif

same with my old hdd in my ex-computer jester.gif it made a scratching noise and didn't load anything.one kick against the case and it worked perfect for the next 2-3 days laugh.gif but that was a 40 gb hdd.i wouldn't ever kick my new raid system

#5 LiquidCell

LiquidCell

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 10:58 AM

I don't mean knock it around like seriously kick it around, i mean like just move it around but I am wondering if anyone else has problems the the Xecuter 2.1/2.2 Pro Mod Chips

#6 Ubergeek

Ubergeek

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 01:34 PM

how many times has it been postd about the overheating bug in cromwell ?

how many times has it been ignored ?

#7 lookformeb

lookformeb

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 01:37 PM

yeah, i just readd up on that after i posted...

#8 Terrorbyte

Terrorbyte

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 30 July 2003 - 01:40 PM

how many times has it been postd about the overheating bug in cromwell ?

how many times has it been ignored ?

Ubergeek, just post something quick that you know will get pinned...something along the lines of "f'n Cromwell FlashBIOS has f'n problems with motherf'n overheating, you a$$wipes! If it doesn't show video the f'n first time try allowing your f'n XBOX to cool off for 5 f'n minutes, motherf'ers!"

Whatever gets pinned has gotta be done "ubergeek" style... laugh.gif

#9 Ubergeek

Ubergeek

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (Terrorbyte @ Jul 30 2003, 03:40 PM)

Whatever gets pinned has gotta be done "ubergeek" style... laugh.gif

biggrin.gif you know you love it

#10 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 04:01 PM

For the record, I've only done about a half-dozen X2.2 installs, but flashing them could not have gone more smoothly. Power on Xbox, FlashBIOS comes up and tray ejects, insert UDF disc with 1024K BIOS.BIN, watch yellow erase bar, watch green write bar, Xbox powers off. I don't see what the problem is. ::shrug::

#11 lookformeb

lookformeb

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 04:37 PM

i feel ya on that. i think most of the time ppl have problems with burning and media and that just crap out mentally from there. lol. only done a few though, not 12. do you mod for $$$ or just just mess around with em that much to have done half a dozen? i've flashed and reflashed about a dozen times with flashbios, dont know if that counts. lol.

#12 LiquidCell

LiquidCell

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 07:52 PM

heh, im burning the media fine, and what you mean let it cool down, the solder points, or the xbox itself? I am doing this for $$$ and flashing the mod is fine, its just not the "f'n" first time it happens, it ALWAYS happens @ random times for the flashbios only!

#13 slidellsimba2

slidellsimba2

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 07:56 PM

wow, hitting your xbox, if it didnt work would you whoop its ass?

#14 lookformeb

lookformeb

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 10:37 PM

he means to wait for the box to cool down. leave it off for a while...

#15 LiquidCell

LiquidCell

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 10:55 AM

ok ill do that on the next xbox i mod, thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users