JLR

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 October 2002 - 03:43 AM

I know someone in the UK that has the evox chip and I am gonna ask him to swap my Xtender chip for the evox chip, now the guy that is doing my chipping is the same guy I got it done before so this is my question!!!!

What would you pay in the UK to exchange from xtender to evox?

#2 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 16 October 2002 - 07:11 AM

Pardon my speculation...

The Xtender must be unsoldered to do this right and all previous wiring removed and cleaned up.

Then the new chip should be installed.

Frankly with an Xtender in place I wouldn't do this at ALL!

Instead I would merely enable the TSOP flash option, and put a switch on the Xtender.

This would permit you to flash the TSOP with any bios you want, and always have the Xtender to fall back on for safety.

This actually gives you MUCH MORE flexibility than those people who have LPC mods.

You can flash the TSOP with an EVO bios and upgrade the drive too.

---

Anyway if I were charging you I'd be billing you 1 and 1/2 times a usual mod chip install price to swap the chips, even if you will be switching to a screw - in type.

---

But a switch and TSOP flash is a MUCH better idea given that you currently have a working system!

I've done this for my own machines which have Xtender installed and it's great.

#3 xbox_freak!!

xbox_freak!!

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Interests:eat, sleep, xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 October 2002 - 04:24 PM

If u flash the TSOP make sure u know what you're doing, you could really screw up ur TSOP!.......dont forget to disable enigmah when doing this! tongue.gif

#4 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 16 October 2002 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (xbox_freak!! @ Oct 16 2002, 03:24 PM)
If u flash the TSOP make sure u know what you're doing, you could really screw up ur TSOP!.......dont forget to disable enigmah when doing this! tongue.gif

He has an Xtender not an Enigmah according to his post.

It's much safer for him to do it with an Xtender because if all fails, he can always use the Xtender to boot up the Xbox and reflash.

#5 JLR

JLR

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 October 2002 - 09:33 PM

Thanks man is it easy to fit a switch

#6 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 16 October 2002 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (JLR @ Oct 16 2002, 08:33 PM)
"Thanks man is it easy to fit a switch.

Yes very.

The only thing hard is jumpering the flash enable jumpers because they are so small.

You REALLY need a "pin point" type soldering iron to do this, not the pencil point type everyone is using to install the mod chips.

The two enable points are so close together though that you actually might get away with some of the RatShack conductive marker, or even a pencil point (pencil lead conducts electricity).

Search for "flash TSOP" in the forums and check the tutorial pages for more info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users