Photo

Matrix And Chameleon

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Matrix And Chameleon

Matrix And Chameleon

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 DJ Hoyt

DJ Hoyt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 31 July 2003 - 04:05 AM

user posted image VS user posted image

WARNING: This is an ultimate newb post. You will see stupid questions asked and pure confusion. Read ahead at your own risk.

I know, I read the pinned thread, but even with that handy comparison table, I still can't tell the difference. I know one thing, I either want a Matrix or the Chameleon (or both), but I don't see why you wouldn't get a chameleon instead of a Matrix. And what does putting a Chameleon on the Matrix do? Should you just use the Chameleon with the adapter? I have a v1.0 Xbox (made in October 2001) and I don't want to solder at all. Could I just get the Matrix? What would I need the Chameleon for? All I want to do is install EvoX, CommanderX, and Xbox Media Player on it. Is 256 BIOS large enough for those programs to run? Do I really need 1024 (1 MB)? I also want to be able to flash from my computer, so wouldn't i need the programmer that only comes with the Matrix?? I know I'm just a stupid newb, but I've been looking all over the internet, over xodus-chip.com and other forums and just can't seem to find a clear-cut answer. Any help, and I will bow to you. Thank you for hopefully solving this confusion of mine. beerchug.gif

Edit: I just read the install guide of the CHameleon and it sounds like with the Chameleon and the Solderless adapter that I could install that as the only mod chip without any soldering. Would it still have all the features of the Matrix?

#2 JD22

JD22

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 04:24 AM

Both and stop double posting!

#3 GuySmily

GuySmily

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 10:07 AM

Just because the chameleon is so much cheaper than a matrix, I would get a chameleon alone and just learn how to solder. d0 may be a little difficult, but if you're really that worred you can probably just stick 30 guage wire into it and tape it over. The matrix was very easy to install (I started out with one.. got it for free from a friend who wanted help installing it since he had two.) once I figured out some tricks to getting d0 aligned. If your needs are that simple, the matrix will serve its purpose.

Hm.. my friend's Xbox is smoking.. Good luck making a choice.

#4 DJ Hoyt

DJ Hoyt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 01:30 PM

Double posting? I haven't double posted at all. And I think both would be really inconvienent.

Also, you don't need to solder with Chameleon's solderless adapter do you??

#5 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 31 July 2003 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (DJ Hoyt @ Jul 31 2003, 10:30 AM)

Is this a joke?

#6 Zedix

Zedix

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 04:55 PM

DJ Hoyt, I don't think you should be opening your Xbox anytime soon....

#7 CaliSurfer008

CaliSurfer008

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Interests:Brahm is a whore
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 31 July 2003 - 05:01 PM

lmao...

ship you xbox to someone to get an install done dude...get an x2 installed also

if you want to pick between matrix and chameleon...get the cham..

NO ONE SHOULD BUY A MATRIX

#8 DJ Hoyt

DJ Hoyt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 09:58 PM

I've taken computer electronics at college, I know how to solder, but don't want to short-out my Xbox. I don't appreciate people laughing at me and saying to ship it to someone. Look, I just can't find a clear explanation and it's not like it's "general knowledge." According to xodus.com, the solderless adapter (note, solderless) does not require soldering if you just use the Chameleon. Now, if you attach the Chameleon to a Matrix, then yes, you have to solder. Here is a picture of it in case you don't know what you're talking about:
user posted image

So with that solderless adapter, you still need to solder? Doesn't make sense at all and on the front page of Xodus-Chip.com it talks about how great this solderless adapter is.

Why can't people just answer my question and not tell me to ship it somewhere *sigh*

#9 DJ Hoyt

DJ Hoyt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 10:01 PM

user posted image

Wait, are you all saying that the question was so entirely stupid that of course it doesn't require soldering because it's solderless? Is that why you're laughing??

#10 JD22

JD22

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 10:28 PM

It costs 54 for the cham just get both for 2 more. Fucking bastards at easybuy charging 14 for the dam solderless adapter.

#11 DJ Hoyt

DJ Hoyt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 11:29 PM

Crap it all! I just saw this. Was this why you were laughing at me? Because you need to have the Matrix already installed to use the Chameleon as a solderless adapter, I got the following from this website:

Solderless Adaptor (pure matrix add-on no soldering required)
- Mode 1 1x1Meg
- Mode 2 2x512k
- Introducing Mode2.5 2x512k with STEALTH TECHNOLOGY
- Mode 3 4x256k
- Mode 4 1x256k (+1x512k software selectable)
- Plus modes 1-3 of original Matrix still apply

#12 DJ Hoyt

DJ Hoyt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 10:12 PM

BUMP!

MU HA HA HA

Please guys, help me out.

#13 J Do

J Do

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 02:09 AM

I thought I was starting to catch onto this modding stuff.....but readin these posts has made me more stupid!! Why the hell would you put a mod chip on top of another mod chip?? The cham and the matrix do basically the same thing right?? Do you get super haxor powers from adding them together???? ohmy.gif

#14 Prophetz

Prophetz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 02:33 AM

If you do not plan on using xbox live then no, you dont have to solder. Just use the solderless thingy. If you do want to use live, then you will have to solder 2 wires to the chamelon chip ( real ez, nice big tabs fo you to solder to) and the other ends to to the P and E wires "power and eject". You dont have you dont have to solder those ends. You can find ways to do it without soldering! I hope that helps a bit!

#15 DJ Hoyt

DJ Hoyt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 02:51 AM

Can't the Chameleon be put in Mode 3 with the solderless adapter so you can use Xbox Live without it recognizing it. I heard it had a stealth mode that was made for this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users