Overloaded

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 July 2003 - 04:32 PM

SETTING UP YOUR MSDASHBOARD SO THAT IT'S PROPERLY LINKED AND CAN BE LAUNCHED FROM EVOX WITH
PHOENIX BIOS LOADER V1.2 RUNNING ON THE C PARTITION OF AN UN-MODDED XBOX ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-----THINGS YOU NEED TO GET STARTED------

1. A Hex Editor- I Used Xvi32 Freeware Hex Editor And You Can Get It Here - http://www.chmaas.ha...xvi32/xvi32.htm

2. XbeDump- This Can Be Found On #xbins And Im Sure It Can Be Found In Other Places Too

3. You Need To Get Your Xboxdash Files Tranfered From Your Xbox To A Temp Directory On Your Computer. (Xboxdash.xbe , XBox Book.xtf , And Xbox.xtf)
You Can Take The .xtf Font Files From The Fonts Folder Or You Can Use The Ones That Are On The Root Of The C Partition Where You Will Find The
xboxdash.xbe File That You Will Be Transfering Too

4. While Still Connected To Your Xbox Through FTP And You Have Phoenix Bios Loader ver 1.2 With Evox Already Installed And Running On The Xbox Then
Copy The Evox.ini File Over To The Temp Directory That You Have Made On Your PC Too

-----HACKING AWAY------

I Used The Hex Editor To Open The XboxDash.xbe File And Searched For hex String With 78 00 74 00 66 To find Instances Of .XTF And Recieved 4 Hits.

I Edited Each String And Changed It From .XTF To .XFT And Saved The XBE File.

Then I Took The 2 XTF Font Files ( XBox Book.xtf And Xbox.xtf ) That Are Original To the M$ Dash And Changed The .xtf To .xft So That They Will Be Linked
To The Newly Hacked M$ Dash Xbe File.

Next I Took The Hacked M$ Dash Xbe File And Signed It With XbeDump (xbedump xboxdash.xbe -font) So That The Edited Dash File Work With The Font File
Exploits.

-----PUTTING THE DASH BACK ON THE BOX AND GETTING EVERYTHING SETUP AND RUNNING-----

Now With These 3 Completely Re-Hacked Files (Xboxdash.xbe , XBox Book.xft , And Xbox.xft) You Are ready To Add these Items To Your Xbox And Setup
Evox To Launch Your MS Dashboard.

Step #1_ Turn On Your Xbox And After Booting Evox You Will Need To Connect The Xbox To Your PC With Your Favorite FTP Client So That You Can Copy
The Files Over To The XBox HDD.

Step#2_ After You Have Made A Connection You Can Open Up the C Partition And Apply The New Files To It. Before Transfering The Xboxdash.xbe To The
Root Of The C Partition You Must Rename It To msxboxdash.xbe So That It Dont Overwright The Original xboxdash.xbe That Is Already Present In This Partition.
Next Take The 2 Hacked Font Files (XBox Book.xft , And Xbox.xft) And Add Them To The Fonts Folder And Also Add A Copy Of Them To The Root Of C.

Step#3_You Will Now Need To Edit Your Evox.ini File So That It Links To The Hacked Dash InStead Of The Original Msdashboard.Use The Evox.ini File That You
Tranfered Earlier From Your Xbox (The One That You Should Still Have In The Temp Folder On Your Pc)And Open It With Notepad And Change The Settings ToMake It Look Like This.

#AudioPlayer = "c:msxboxdash.xbe"
MSDashBoard = "c:msxboxdash.xbe"

Step#4_ Save And Exit From Notepad And tranfer It Back To the Xbox And Choose To Overwright The File That Is ALready On The C Partition.

Step#5_Reboot Your Xbox And Click The MS Dashboard Link From Your Evox Menu And It Now Boots Into The Ms Dash Perfectly, Giving You Access To All Your
Game-Saves, Ripped Soundtracks Or Music Player, And All The Other XBox Specific Settings Like The Clock So That You Can Now Fix Your Time And Date

----- TUTORIAL COMPLETE------
System_Overload - A.K.A - Overloaded

P.S. I Dont Know For Sure If This Fixes The Clock Problem That Occurs When Using The Font File Explots (Bert and Ernie.xft) But I Am Currently Running A Version 1.0
Xbox With 3944 Kernel And A Update Live Dash For The Original MechAssult Game Disk With Phoenix Bios Loader ver 1.2 Running From The C Partition Of My Un-modded Xbox And Have been Unplugging IT Over Night Every Day For The last 5 Days And Its Been Working Without Problems. (Knock On Wood)

My Evox Clock Settings Are Set To:
[Clock]

JumpToMsDash = No
JumpIfNoLink = Yes
Use24 = Yes
SwapDate = No
SNTP_Server = 216.244.192.3
Good Luck Peps, Happy hacking! rolleyes.gif

Edited by Overloaded, 03 August 2003 - 08:50 PM.

#2 mnm6687

mnm6687

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 04:54 PM

nice tutorial but... http://forums.xbox-s...ST&f=45&t=74036 this is definitely way more indepth tho. good job.

Edited by mnm6687, 31 July 2003 - 05:08 PM.

#3 underthebridge

underthebridge

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 06:08 PM

you better give credits to kraken, he was the first one to do this

#4 brian417

brian417

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 31 July 2003 - 07:13 PM

ok I am little confused as usual. it seems i did most of this when I installed pheonix. about the only thing i didn't do was name xboxdash.xbe to msxboxdash.xbe. but i did rename it to evoxdash.xbe and put it in the e folder of my xbox. so would i just have to copy over evoxdash.xbe then rename it to msxboxdash.xbe and then put it in c? and then edit the .ini file?

#5 brian417

brian417

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 07:14 PM

crap! double post.

Edited by brian417, 31 July 2003 - 07:15 PM.

#6 Overloaded

Overloaded

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 09:15 PM

yes brian417 just rename it to msxboxdash and put it back on the c and make sure your edited font files are correct on the c also

add yes you must edit your evox.ini file

Edited by Overloaded, 31 July 2003 - 09:20 PM.

#7 Overloaded

Overloaded

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 09:19 PM

hey underthebridge thanks for the heads up but i didnt see kraken's tutorial
when i setup my xbox and made this tutorial .

#8 Overloaded

Overloaded

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (mnm6687 @ Jul 31 2003, 06:54 PM)
nice tutorial but... http://forums.xbox-s...ST&f=45&t=74036 this is definitely way more indepth tho. good job.

i just followed your link to karken's tutorial and it is the samething but you will notice that they arent really the same at all

#9 rocketeer

rocketeer

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (Overloaded @ Jul 31 2003, 06:32 PM)
-----HACKING AWAY------
Then I Took The 2 XTF Font Files ( XBox Book.xtf And Xbox.xtf ) That Are Original To the M$ Dash And Changed The .xtf To .xft So That They Will Be Linked
To The Newly Hacked M$ Dash Xbe File.

Just to clarify: if you have installed EvoX, at least with some of the ernie & bert packages the instructions tells you to rename the original font files to .xft, and use .xtf as extension for the newly applied bert & whatever. If these instructions have been followed, one does not have to copy these files from the XBox just to rename them and put them back. This is already done when installing the font hack, at least this was the case for me.
All I had to to was to ftp xboxdash.xbe (hex edit and sign) and evox.ini (to change the path to the new dash file).

#10 rocketeer

rocketeer

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 09:57 PM

-----HACKING AWAY------
Next I Took The Hacked M$ Dash Xbe File And Signed It With XbeDump (xbedump default.xbe -font) So That The Edited Dash File Work With The Font File
Exploits.

I believe the correct syntax in this particular case would be
CODE
xbedump xboxdash.xbe -font

#11 mnm6687

mnm6687

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE (Overloaded @ Jul 31 2003, 06:30 PM)
QUOTE (mnm6687 @ Jul 31 2003, 06:54 PM)
nice tutorial but... http://forums.xbox-s...ST&f=45&t=74036  this is definitely way more indepth tho.  good job.

i just followed your link to karken's tutorial and it is the samething but you will notice that they arent really the same at all

what are you talking about? its exactly the same idea, yours is just elaborated on more. i will say that yours explains itself alot better, but it is the same exact idea

#12 Overloaded

Overloaded

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE (rocketeer @ Jul 31 2003, 11:57 PM)
-----HACKING AWAY------
      Next I Took The Hacked M$ Dash Xbe File And Signed It With XbeDump (xbedump default.xbe -font) So That The Edited Dash File Work With The Font File
      Exploits.

I believe the correct syntax in this particular case would be
CODE
xbedump xboxdash.xbe -font

you are correct about the syntax. i just use xbedump default.xbe -font to sign all my .xbe files and then rename them accordingly after the signing but thanks for pointing this out

#13 bikr

bikr

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 August 2003 - 02:37 PM

Just wanted to post and say I think I found a bug. If you put a disk in while in msdash it will give you 21. You must reboot for the game to be recognizes.. --Josh

#14 Overloaded

Overloaded

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (bikr @ Aug 1 2003, 04:37 PM)
Just wanted to post and say I think I found a bug. If you put a disk in while in msdash it will give you 21. You must reboot for the game to be recognizes.. --Josh

i havent really tried that yet but thanks but as soon as i do i will let you know if it happens to me too.

#15 brian417

brian417

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 07:47 PM

well i got xbedump but can't get it to run. all i have is the .exe file and when i click on it a dos screen just flashs briefly then it's gone. can anyone point me to a tutorial on how to use this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users