• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 Japhei

Japhei

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 04:55 PM

I do not know about you But that 2 year rule reguarding Metal Slug 4,Kof 2k2,Matrimelee is wrong

King of Fighters 2001 came out in march of 2002 In the Arcade
Metal Slug 4 came out febuary 2002 In arcade
Rage Of Dragons Came out July 2002 In arcade
King Of Fighters 2002 came out October 2002 in arcade

Matrimelee Came out March 2003 in arcade

My point Is KOF2k1 should be left out as it Is newer then Metal Slug 4

Metal Slug 5 comes out next month on Neo MVS format which they have changed TO Jamma PCB hardware.

I own every single neo geo game on NEO MVS including Snk Vs Capcom And will tell you there is no Market for Rage Of The Dragons,Matrimelee and Metal Slug 4

You can not even give Rage Of The Dragons Kits away for 50 bucks these days.

If you must exclude Metal Slug 4 I ask that you remove King Of Fighters 2001 as it Is A newer title then the previouse game.

I know roms are wrong and so Is Piracy But get the 2 year rule right if you are going to enforce it.

Also I believe people who own The actual game carts should be able to emulate any game they want no matter how recent.

#2 Benji99

Benji99

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 05:06 PM

Yeah, but the author of kawaks put restrictions on what you can play with it.
And you have to live with it, or program your damn emulator.
I don't understand what's all the fucking bitching about.

Someone GAVE you a FREE emulator to let you do cool things, and you morons start bitching, "Well thanks for the emu and all, I do appreciate it, but FUCK YOU for not letting me play game X or game Y.".

Get a life, go play it elsewhere, or go play something different, and someday, you will be able to play it here.

Japhei: Sorry about lashing out at you, it's not just directed at you, but at all the bitching there's been going on in the past few days for this.

I for one am ecstatic at playing the neogeo/cps1/cps2 games that the emu already supports and am hoping you guys won't kill another cool project like I've seen so many others in the past.

#3 hosh

hosh

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (Japhei @ Jul 31 2003, 06:55 PM)
I own every single neo geo game on NEO MVS including Snk Vs Capcom

Yeah, fucking right.

And Metal Slug 4 came out in June, 2002.

#4 Japhei

Japhei

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 05:11 PM

Metal slug 4 came out in June 24th 2002 On neo Geo home

Im stating the ARCADE RELEASE DATE OF FEBUARY 2002

Which is what this 2 year rule is based on 2 years

Im not bitching because I get to play these games reguardless On my NEO GEO MVS 6 SLOT ARCADE MACHINE or MY XBOX!

I just think that all emulators should be open ended as you see the Gba Emus dont lock out any of the newer games.

Just trying to point out some facts thats all.

I look forward for More Kawa-X release and hope in the future they officially add the ability to play the NEWER neo geo titles.

Now if only someone would fix these damn 64 emus ohmy.gif)

#5 Rasenmaehen

Rasenmaehen

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 31 July 2003 - 05:13 PM

When Iriez deletes threads and "enforces" that, he's not doing it by himself because "he wanted to". Mr.K asked him to do so, and he just complies with that. You're asking for the wrong person... contact Mr.K.

Oh, btw... to all suckers attacking Iriez personally because he deletes those posts: he's doing what the author asked. You're attacking the wrong person... why don't you go and say all that to Mr.K? One thing I know is that once a kid realizes he doesn't have a point, he starts attacking personally the ones that proved him wrong. I had a good laugh when I saw that guy telling lantus (or lantis? tongue.gif) to screw himself and telling all developers he didn't need 'em. Way to go, moron.

(talking about the xboxhacker.net incident)

#6 mr jones

mr jones

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

I own every single neo geo game on NEO MVS including Snk Vs Capcom...

Oh really.

Would you mind posting a pic of your SNK vs. Capcom MVS cart? Maybe put a post-it note on there that has your screen name from X-S on it?

Edited by mr jones, 31 July 2003 - 05:14 PM.

#7 XenoFire

XenoFire

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

It's free, dont complain. Just be glad were getting all this, these programmers don't make a cent from their services. All that they get is bizotching. If you want a neogeo emulator to support game so and so program your own. =/ I don't get people

#8 Japhei

Japhei

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 05:18 PM

Also I would like to add

If it was not for Mame or Neo Rage X,Kawaks etc I would not be into the arcade scene as hard as I am now.

Because of emulators I have a career as a Arcade distributor Selling hundreds of Arcade pcbs I used to play roms of every day.

Yeah I can play them on The XBOX but who cares for that when you can Play them the way they were meant to be played

Right now I have 5 arcade machines In my room and All of the games I own I can play on Xbox or some other home console.But I keep buying the PCBS because I respect the work the companies put into these games.

Emulators are actually used by some Arcade operators to see if the game is worth the purchase.

Without them I would not have ESPrade in my arcade cabinet right now

Or Mark of wolves,Blazing Star,Metal Slug 1-4 in my neo cab

Shit even Dreamcast piracy sucked me in where I started collecting authentic Dreamcast imports and pretty soon I moved onto the Mother of the Dreamcast Sega Naomi

Piracy is bad if used wrongly but it helps get some games exposure

In some cases Companies Encourage piracy Including SnkPlaymore who Allows people to post about roms on Neo-Geo.com

It exposes games that would otherwise be forgotten

Thank god for emulation!

#9 desertboy

desertboy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 05:19 PM

Why attention Iriez surely it should be attention author of Kawa-x Mhz.

It doesn't matter when arcade machines were released it's up to the author to decide and her doesn't have to justify himself to you. Congrats you own all the games for neo geo so why the hell are you so bothered about the xbox emu.

And Metal slug 4 is over 150 on ebay and has not yet been superseeded where as KOF 2001 has.
Metal slug 5 looks good but I think when I've finished metal slug 1-3 including X (Or 2 remix) I'll probably of had enough scrolling 2d shooters to last me a lifetime.

#10 Japhei

Japhei

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE (mr jones @ Jul 31 2003, 07:13 PM)
I own every single neo geo game on NEO MVS including Snk Vs Capcom...

Oh really.

Would you mind posting a pic of your SNK vs. Capcom MVS cart? Maybe put a post-it note on there that has your screen name from X-S on it?

There is no MVS cart of Snk VS capcom

It is a Jamma pcb board

Piracy killed the mvs cart mad.gif

#11 Japhei

Japhei

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE (desertboy @ Jul 31 2003, 07:19 PM)

It doesn't matter when arcade machines were released it's up to the author to decide and her doesn't have to justify himself to you. Congrats you own all the games for neo geo so why the hell are you so bothered about the xbox emu.

And Metal slug 4 is over 150 on ebay and has not yet been superseeded where as KOF 2001 has.
Metal slug 5 looks good but I think when I've finished metal slug 1-3 including X (Or 2 remix) I'll probably of had enough scrolling 2d shooters to last me a lifetime.

I can get Metal SLug 4 on Neo MVS for 70 dollars a cart all day long

Metal slug 4 is 230 US on Neo Home cart

Also In case you did not know neo geo is a Niche home system with less then 1 million owners world wide who do not even know new games are being produced.

Its kind of like a sad little spoiled kids collector market now full of fat losers with no friends and guys who beat their dick to hentai.

I however am a ARCADE GAMER and could care less about manuals inserts and ART

I just want the game and thats how most of you all are to.

I played All the NEW NEO GAMES ON MY XBOX already and its no big whoop people are finding ways all the time.

Also I was not calling out Iriez I was only stating that kof 2k1 is a new game also

Edited by Japhei, 31 July 2003 - 05:27 PM.

#12 zero5

zero5

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 05:32 PM

should only be 1 year limit, but the maker of kawa-x made it 2 years. So u have to respect that

at the end of day there only 6 month to go then it will be supported

Edited by zero5, 31 July 2003 - 05:34 PM.

#13 desertboy

desertboy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (Japhei @ Jul 31 2003, 07:23 PM)
QUOTE (desertboy @ Jul 31 2003, 07:19 PM)

I can get Metal SLug 4 on Neo MVS for 70 dollars a cart all day long

Metal slug 4 is 230 US on Neo Home cart

Also In case you did not know neo geo is a Niche home system with less then 1 million owners world wide who do not even know new games are being produced.

Its kind of like a sad little spoiled kids collector market now full of fat losers with no friends and guys who beat their dick to hentai.

I however am a ARCADE GAMER and could care less about manuals inserts and ART

I just want the game and thats how most of you all are to.

I played All the NEW NEO GAMES ON MY XBOX already and its no big whoop people are finding ways all the time.

Also I was not calling out Iriez I was only stating that kof 2k1 is a new game also

Where can you get metal slug 4 for $70 PM me a line I wanna buy it will it work with
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...2&category=3945

I assume it would but I'm a neo geo virgin but I'm seriously considering buying this board and taking it from there.

And yes I know this is only a MB but I don't believe I'd have much trouble getting it going know a cheap place in huddersfield for dead arcade units.

#14 mr jones

mr jones

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (Japhei @ Jul 31 2003, 02:18 PM)
Also I would like to add

If it was not for Mame or Neo Rage X,Kawaks etc I would not be into the arcade scene as hard as I am now....blah blah blah....

Whatever. rolleyes.gif

Listen. Many users will let you know that I'm generally a pretty mellow person, who doesn't get as confrontational as I'm about to get with you now...

...but what you are doing is clearly in bad form. In less than 3 of the total posts you've made while being a user of this board, you've started an unnecessary conflict about an already touchy subject in this forum. You've boasted about owning games that I truly don't believe you have, arcade distributer or not. Its one thing to own Esp Ra De, which can be attained for around $400, depending where you go. Its a different thing entirely to claim to own a game that is still being sold by playmore for $1000+ dollars. I'd still like to see that (edit) pcb board cart that you say that you own.

And then finally, in a silly act of hypocrisy, you say something along the lines of "Oh, and if it wasn't for piracy and emulation, I wouldn't be where I am today!" That's just great.

I met alot of folks who gave off that type of aloofness at neo-geo.com, which is why I don't go there anymore. It almost destroyed my interest in the console. If it wasn't for a couple of the cool members there that I know personally, I would have thought that all Neo folks were elitist bastards who couldn't feel good about themselves, without mentioning how much game software they've plunked thousands of dollars into.

Please don't bring that here.

#15 mamajo

mamajo

'Forza Azzurri'

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 July 2003 - 05:52 PM

Iriez when are you going to throw this in the garbage?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users