4 replies to this topic

#1 VeggetoX

VeggetoX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 01:10 PM

Ok I just installed the EVO X dashboard on my Xbox and now I want to know if I boot my Xbox with the modchip off I get a error saying my Xbox needs to be fixed. I take it this is becuase I replaced the original dashboard. What I want to know is this, is there anyway to keep EVO X installed and still play Xbox live?

#2 o00jr00o

o00jr00o

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 01:30 PM

yes (search around, read the tutorials... there's directions all over the place)

#3 VeggetoX

VeggetoX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 09:07 PM

ok I looked at the tutorials here, and the only thing that I could find was somthing for the EVO X bios. What I want to know is there any way to make it so my Xecuter2 4997 bios will load EVO X without having to call the evo X file xboxdash.xbe

#4 o00jr00o

o00jr00o

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 09:17 PM

yep. there's a tool called XBtool that lets you modify the filenames your bios looks for on boot. most by default are set to look for evoxdash.xbe then if that's not there it looks for nexgen.xbe then lastly the ms dash. you just have to get the tool and a bios you want, configure it the way you want, and reflash. In fact, you probably didn't need to replace the ms dashboard... but you are going to need that file back so i hope you backed it up.

EDIT:
here's a link to xbtool http://home.alltel.n...shd/xbtool.html

I hope this helps.

Edited by o00jr00o, 01 August 2003 - 09:31 PM.

#5 VeggetoX

VeggetoX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 12:30 AM

thanls for the info and yes I did bacl up my original C drive but I still have the MS dash (I just renamed it)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users