1 reply to this topic

#1 ashfaqqasim

ashfaqqasim

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 08:16 PM

Hi ,

I have a USB ADSL modem connected to my PC and I also have a NIC (Network card) on PC which is connect to my xbox via cross over cable. Now the problem is when I power on my xbox I get a IP for my PC network card and then my Internet doesn't work but my xbox can talk to pc via XSN (Relax). But when I disable the network card connected to my xbox then my ADSL works fine and I can connect to any website via Internet Explorer.
I guess I need to change something in the explorer connection to force it go to internet via my ADSL connection and not xbox. But how? Pls help
Thanks.

#2 Greggers

Greggers

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 August 2003 - 10:02 PM

You have got a gateway issue on your PC. When you have your xbox connected, your PC thinks it should send all data down the NIC rather than the ADSL. Are you using static IP for you ADSL connection? If so, check your default gateway configuration for it. I assume you are using ICS to allocate IP to the xbox? If so, then your PC will deal with the configuration of the NIC ok. This is not a problem with the configuration on the xbox, the same would probably happen if you plugged another PC/laptop in.

If you are using ICS and have left all the default settings then run 'route print' from a command line. You should see only one of the following lines:

Active Routes:
Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric
0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 20
(Should have spaces in it but forum removes them)

If you see two of them, and the second one has a gateway similar to 192.168.0.1 it is network config... If you want to PM me the output from your 'route print' i'll check it out for you.. don't post it to the forums as it contains all your internet config.

Cheers
Greg

Edited by Greggers, 01 August 2003 - 10:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users