17 replies to this topic

#1 soccerob

soccerob

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 07:23 PM

Well I was replacing my modchip and my box kept fragging when the mod was enabled. So as i was removing everything i noticed that a capacitor was halfway off, when i touched it it then came all the way off. is there anything i can do? i tried putting it back on but it won't stay. I was wondering if this would work, connect two wires to the spots where the capacitor was sitting and connect the capacitor to those 2 wires. i've never posted a pic before so hopefully it will work.
<a href="http://rcwakesk8.batcave.net/cap%20problem.jpg">Picture here</a>

http://rcwakesk8.bat...cap problem.jpg

Edited by soccerob, 02 August 2003 - 07:26 PM.

#2 FIREitUP

FIREitUP

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 2 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 02 August 2003 - 07:25 PM

link doesnt work sad.gif
anyways, it should work if you connect it with wires so go for it dude!

#3 soccerob

soccerob

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 07:26 PM

umm, how do u get those links to work?

#4 FIREitUP

FIREitUP

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 07:28 PM

im talking about teh link to your picture dude, its not giving me anything..

#5 soccerob

soccerob

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 07:30 PM

the second link isn't working?
also does anyone know what type of capacitor that is? i'm having a tough time connecting the one i have to the wires.

#6 soccerob

soccerob

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 07:31 PM

#7 mirx999

mirx999

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 07:35 PM

yes, it will work. i suggest taping the capacitor down to a piece of scotch tape, soldering some onto it, and then soldering the wires to the joints. I do stuff like that all the time smile.gif

#8 soccerob

soccerob

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 07:42 PM

can i buy a replacement capacitor though? and also, do u know what will happen if there is solder connecting the 2 wires? so there is a direct connection between the 2 points. Thanks

#9 PM5K

PM5K

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 07:47 PM

You have to copy and paste the link for it to work. And are you sure it's a capacitor and not a resistor ?

#10 soccerob

soccerob

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 07:55 PM

actually, thats what i meant, i'm pretty sure its a resistor, but i lost it when i was trying to solder it to the wires so is there any way to buy another one?

#11 soccerob

soccerob

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 10:06 PM

how crucial is that resistor by the way? because I just said forget it and left it off and i hooked in my xecuter chip and its working and i'm about to flash the bios. anyone have any idea if there is any real need or danger of not having that resistor?

#12 WodMan

WodMan

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 02:25 AM

how crucial is that resistor by the way? because I just said forget it and left it off and i hooked in my xecuter chip and its working and i'm about to flash the bios. anyone have any idea if there is any real need or danger of not having that resistor?

I have heard of people doing things like this and having problems down the road. Freezing, random FRAG's things like that.

You have to copy and paste the link for it to work.

Wrong, there is nothing wrong with the hyperlink itself. The problem is that his free host does not allow links from outsite their site.

#13 hippo

hippo

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 August 2003 - 02:07 PM

No picture is really needed since all the components on the main board have a silkscreened designator that not only tells the location but what the componenet is.

#14 PM5K

PM5K

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (WodMan @ Aug 2 2003, 10:25 PM)
You have to copy and paste the link for it to work.

Wrong, there is nothing wrong with the hyperlink itself. The problem is that his free host does not allow links from outsite their site.

I never said there was anything wrong with the hyperlink itself, I said you need to copy and paste for it to work, which is true because if you click on it the image is blocked because there is a referrer, if you copy and paste the link there is no referrer and it works fine.

#15 tester123

tester123

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (soccerob @ Aug 2 2003, 06:06 PM)

It's very crucial. Try to boot it up with out the mod enabled... and FRAG. I've got spare ones.

Edited by tester123, 05 August 2003 - 08:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users