#1 Roofnron

Roofnron

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 August 2003 - 03:16 PM

I have the x2.2 pro with the wire install. It is mounted on the side by the dvd tray. When the lid is off the mod chip works fine. When I put the lid on and install the screws it starts to FRAG.

Anyone else had this problem?

I am thinking when it is tightened up the mod chip is squashed up against the dvd tray and causes some kind of problem.

#2 sparkac

sparkac

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 03:28 PM

you might be right, check your lpc points

#3 Softco

Softco

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 03:33 PM

Why would it be squashed down by the DVD Drive? I needed a DryWall screw between the DVD Drive and my X2 Lite to keep it down, because I forgot to desolder the LPC Points!

#4 Roofnron

Roofnron

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 August 2003 - 05:40 PM

I checked the Lpc points and they all are good. I had the mod chip stuck to the side wall. I removed it and restuck it lower - as close to the motherboard as possible. Now when I stick the DVD tray back it it doesn't push on the ribbon cabble that attaches to the mod chip. It appears to be working fine now. Will see after a couple of days.

Pain of this is all the searching for FRAG problems. I seen everything from LPC and do soldering, to bad bios's, to bad chip. Been messing with it for a while. I hope I finally have it fixed.

#5 frothlord

frothlord

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 08:15 PM

Mine does the same thing. I was thinking of cutting part of the plastic dvd rom holder out so it will have room, or maybe fitting a piece of metal or something in there so its shielded from being squashed. As for now though It's tops off for me. I tried lowering it and ended up resoldering the darn thing back in because half of the wires poped off. I guess it was for the better though, better now then later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users