• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OneFourSeven

OneFourSeven

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 October 2002 - 12:18 PM

I wouldn't recommend these guys!! (or one guy, which talks of his venture on the answerphone message like its a huge operation)

They told me they'd take my XBOX and my X-Ecuter chip and install it, and we'll settle the payment before we send it back to you. and they promised it back in about 3 or 4 days.

They took it via courier (which they did), i phoned in about a week and they told me they lost it!!

They managed to find it again somehow in about another week and TRIED to chip it.

They sent it back to me after another week after trying to blame me for trying to avoid payment even though they completely forgot to ask me for my credit card details!!!

I received it, and it didn't work!!!!

Sent it back and promised a "little present" with it next time i received it working!!!!!

Sent it back via courier and in 7 or 8 days i received it finaly working, but without their little present. 4 weeks on constant worrying and phoning up the little twat on the other end of the phone. And if i hadn't have phoned them up so much i feel like i wouldn't have received it at all.

Their customer service is absolutley appaling. they seem to have an answerphone message which is meant to sound like a switchboard and most of the time you wont get through to them at all, and they just want to get rid of you as soon as possible. They also asked for my phone number and address 6 times during the 4 weeks!!!

#2 sojourner

sojourner

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 October 2002 - 01:16 PM

I purchased an executer box from them in early september just after the price drop and recieved it 10 days after order. I have not experienced any probs and they where ok with me!

#3 Ken_D

Ken_D

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 28 October 2002 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (OneFourSeven @ Oct 17 2002, 11:18 AM)
I wouldn't recommend these guys!! (or one guy, which talks of his venture on the answerphone message like its a huge operation)

Sounds about right. I ordered a pre-chipped XBox from them 6 weeks ago. After waiting 10 days (they promised delivery within 7), I tried calling them up.

4 days of constant (and I MEAN constant) calling and e-mailling, I cancelled the order and got a box from Bald Bouncer within 48 hours.

The real joke is last week I got a call from them saying my order was ready to ship and "would I be in to accept it?". 5 week turnaround ... not bad, eh? mad.gif

The answering machine is a joke. Puts you on hold for 90 seconds before cutting you off - I know for a fact the guy who does the chipping only comes in once or twice a week, hence the slow turnaround.

Interestingly enough, the company behind playstationchips.co.uk, Tulip Ventures, is run by one Graeme Tulip. Try a Google newsgroup search on his name, or visit www.tulipventures.co.uk. Other companies apparently at the same address are a PS2 boxshifter and a couple of dodgy sex sites ...

#4 NegativeFactor

NegativeFactor

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 09:48 PM

I have tried for 4 long days now to attempt to get hold of these people, I ring e-mail and shout really loud and got nothing!!!

Anyway the only reason I was going to buy from them was because a friend of mine ordered from them and didn't have any problems at all! He made 1 phone call and next day his chip arived!

#5 blackout_19

blackout_19

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 12:53 AM

I got a premodded xbox from them when the price dropped. Ordered on the friday delivered on the Tuesday. Great service and having had a look, a really good job on the soldering.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users