11 replies to this topic

#1 XPort

XPort

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 04 August 2003 - 02:01 AM

I've added Questions and Bug Report sections to my website.

It's recently become very difficult to keep track of all the different questions/bugs that people are reporting on the forums - so I've added sections on my website to organize it for me.

If you have a question about a port that I've done, then use the "Ask a Question" link on the main menu. Be sure to read the relevant FAQ section before asking your question.

If you wish to report a bug, then use the "View/Submit Bug" link on the main menu. As with the "questions" section, you need to read the relevant FAQ section before posting your bug.

Please do not make me regret this. Do not post commentary - do not repeat questions/bug reports. Be clear in your writings. D0 n0t sp33k l33t t0 m3. All l33t talk will be ignored. If you are reporting a bug, provide *explicit* instructions on how the bug can be recreated. When reporting a bug, also make sure you are using the most recent version of the emulator in question. If you can't get game "X" to work on the XBox version of the emulator, then you need to test it out on the Windows version before posting it as a bug.

#2 dmb062082

dmb062082

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 03:03 AM

its good to see you kept the site i made for you.... for the most part. But why did you swap logos? I cant figure that out, the one we had in the begining murdered that one did it not??. Also the checkbox mouseover has not been implemented to the rest of the menu im guessing you didnt want to take the time to add it yourself? Also i guess the blue is nice.... but dosnt really go with the green mose over colors... maybey u should change the green to blue?!? I can fix that up for you like the way it should be. Glad to see you finaly found another host as well. Peace!

Edited by dmb062082, 04 August 2003 - 03:06 AM.

#3 Iriez

Iriez

XBINS TOTALITARIAN

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,723 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 August 2003 - 03:29 AM

There's a thing called a PM, use it for your personal questions. This was not revelent to submitting bugs.

Im sure XPort would appreciate it.

#4 dmb062082

dmb062082

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE (Iriez @ Aug 4 2003, 05:29 AM)
There's a thing called a PM, use it for your personal questions. This was not revelent to submitting bugs.

Ahem.... I think the title is labled Questions/bugs Section On Xport Website, ask questions/submit bugs key word being questions, I could be wrong tho i dunno i was hung over all day. I know he is pertaining to his ports but where does it say that it excludes his website? It dosnt state that so i figured I would ask a few.

Now that thats said and done, whats the chance of ever seeing a xport front end when all the porting is said and done? I swear if I was a better coder id tackle it but my skills are to weak to get past console stuff however i almost have it mastered. But i cant tackle this and id kill for it.

Now on to emu issues..... hows about we get a group of like 15 people going and tackle screen shots for every rom? This is by far the best feature of your gui's in my opinion but the task is just sick trying to manualy do all the screen captures by your self. Any other ideas on this topic?

Peace again and iriez i love ya dude, your keeping the forums safer and cleaner but why turn into a prick? I swear dude, you used to be cool i know it, i remember!!! The good old days or something.

Edited by dmb062082, 04 August 2003 - 03:59 AM.

#5 Iriez

Iriez

XBINS TOTALITARIAN

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 04:10 AM

QUOTE (dmb062082 @ Aug 3 2003, 10:57 PM)
QUOTE (Iriez @ Aug 4 2003, 05:29 AM)

Ahem.... I think the title is labled Questions/bugs Section On Xport Website, ask questions/submit bugs key word being questions, I could be wrong tho i dunno i was hung over all day.

I believe it was general questions, not personal ones.

Now on to emu issues..... hows about we get a group of like 15 people going and tackle screen shots for every rom?

There was a thread with someone that took SS's of all the nes roms and submitted it to a newsgroup.

Peace again and iriez i love ya dude, your keeping the forums safer and cleaner but why turn into a prick?

Because as i previously said, im sure he would appreciate it if you kept your private messages to the private message.

Most of the content is relevent to the thread, but the whole bragging thing is annoying "dude, i love to announce that i did your website! wheres my cool badge?".

#6 dmb062082

dmb062082

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 04:40 AM

QUOTE (Iriez @ Aug 4 2003, 06:10 AM)

Most of the content is relevent to the thread, but the whole bragging thing is annoying "dude, i love to announce that i did your website! wheres my cool badge?".

There you go being a prick again, bad dog. its nothing like that I just had a few questions, he rarley erver speaks on efnet, so I use these forums. If you think im bragging thats rather funny, the 1st site i did for him was completed in 15 minnutes, nothing to brag about there. Granted maybe the 1st one looked a hair better but its not that important. And there is no point in beating around the bush. Sometimes i wonder what goes on in your head. It was a 2 dollar and 50 cent job but looked rather nice. now if i wanted to brag id say something like i did xports lantus's superfro and tmauls web sites at one point in time where the fuck is my cool badge.There is no point in filling this thread up with flames dont even bother posting back dude.

As for the usenet post thanks alot but there are a slew more to go 700 images is barley scratching the surface. Maybe someone can write up a small app to rename specific pics for rom clones ect as many people have full rom sets? I dunno. Once again I love the feature but it sucks scrolling through and seeing pics here and blank spots there. I like everything neat and uniform. Or hows about a feature in your guis that run through the roms and grab screen shots auto? That would be tight but thats alot of ground to break i imagine. Possibly a progie that scans through your rom list and creates directorys... if i remember correctly your screen shot feature auto creates a folder with screens for each game? That might also save alot of work!

Edited by dmb062082, 04 August 2003 - 04:42 AM.

#7 chilin_dude

chilin_dude

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,945 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 August 2003 - 10:35 AM

Come on guys lets not get into flame wars!
I personally think it should have been pm'd but thats MY OPINION!
Anyway i submitted a bug under Stepmania X

#8 XPort

XPort

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 04 August 2003 - 11:27 AM

chilin_dude - You also failed to follow instructions. What does it say on the bug report page and what did I say in the first post on this topic? "Read the FAQ before posting."

dmb - I kept the old layout because quite frankly I don't have the time to work on a website. The few changes I did make (e.g changing orange to blue and changing the logo) were because they were done quickly and because I think it looks better. The website is functional and serves my purposes for now, and that's all I care about at the moment.

#9 chilin_dude

chilin_dude

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,945 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 August 2003 - 11:30 AM

chilin_dude - You also failed to follow instructions. What does it say on the bug report page and what did I say in the first post on this topic? "Read the FAQ before posting."

Woops! Sorry...anyway to edit my post?
I want to keep the bit about dvd

Edited by chilin_dude, 04 August 2003 - 11:30 AM.

#10 falz

falz

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 01:23 PM

For those that have trouble finding xport's site since the url changed (it was http://xport.xb-power.com), it's:

http://xport.xbox-scene.com/

(It's not easy to find if signatures are off)

--falz

#11 WilliamDecker

WilliamDecker

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 03:23 PM

The website is functional and serves my purposes for now, and that's all I care about at the moment.

Spoken like a true programmer wink.gif.

Personally I think you should have someone do the work for you so you can focus on the porting. Also...being that you're a programmer, I'm suprised you haven't taken up the challenge of making a super elaborate backend to facilitate daily update routines.

The Emulati0n.com website looks not too shabby, so just msg him on msn/icq/aim/yahoo/irc/whatever to get him to do updates! Kinda like what CliffyB does for Gooseman (Counter-Strike).

#12 dmb062082

dmb062082

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 05:28 PM

Haha william decker, thats funny man. I dont mind doing work for pretty much anyone.... of cource xport im down for what ever, except for updating as you can see on emulati0n.com. I hate daiy updates when I dont have time. I told him before I can add some decent php or perl scriit that easily lets him update his entire web via the net because static updates just suck but he dosnt have a whole lot of updating to do so I honestly dont think he minds. He only needs to update wip or releases and at most that wouldnt be more than a few a week and thats even stretching it. But yeah.... no frequent updating from me im still trying to find people to do that for me, but xport if you need anything else done excluding updates im here!

Im guessing this thread is just for strictly bugs so im done posting here, bugs and xport just dont go togethor. I do however have a few more questions about the emus ut not bug related I guess ill pm them. Later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users